Speciality restaurant attire

sidneysails

We are thinking of dining in the speciality restaurant (the one with $30) charge on a non formal night. What would be the expected dress code?

Its the same attire you would wear down below, so Casual Elegant. When you read the Supper Club info in the Capers it says Smart Elegant. Whats the difference? I dont know LOL.

Fred

Its the same attire you would wear down below, so Casual Elegant. When you read the Supper Club info in the Capers it says Smart Elegant. Whats the difference? I dont know LOL.

Fred

My understanding (though not first-hand knowledge) is that on the formal nights men must wear a jacket. On the other evenings it is up for debate whether it is casual elegant.

Here is a somewhat outdated link discussing this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php?t-110269.html

Why thank you Fred. So a jacket would not be required?

No Jackets required, I wear a nice Polo Shirt with some Black dress Pants and black dress shoes, thats what I wear down below also. On Formal nights a nice Black Suit and I just change out the Shirt and Tie to match Wendy.

Fred

Ok, I've figured out the differences in opinion on the formal dress - jacket/suit/tux.

Since moving to the West, I've noticed much more casual dress. I hardly ever see a jacket and tie wherever I go.

Being from NY/NJ area, when dining in a nice restaurant, most, if not all, men wear a jacket and a lot of times a tie. Some establishments will loan you and jacket and tie if you don't have them.

I prefer the dress up side since that is what I am used to. In the Supper Club I would rather see a man wear a jacket and tie. I believe it's appropriate; however, you'll get a different answer form the Southern and Western folks I believe.

I grew up in Brooklyn so I was born in a Suit :D But when I came to San Diego in 82, I was like :eek: it took me 2 to 3 years to fiinally put on some shorts and wear a t-shirt out. Now Im a beach bum :D

Fred

Fred, I was born in Brooklyn as well - then moved to NJ to DE then back to NJ now NV. I truly miss the East Coast and all it has to offer.

Although I know San Diego is beautiful.

San Diego is Paradise because of the beautiful year round weather, I can Sail every weekend except for the days we are cruising on Carnival :D

What I do miss from Brooklyn is the Food, Pizza etc.

Fred

Archived