Carnival changing rules for carrying on liquids

Roxilla

I just saw this on Clark Howard's website and thought I would share it with you. The info on this site is always reliable so I have no reason to doubt this.

"Carnival Cruise Line has recently updated its take-aboard beverage policy and will now ban passengers from bringing any type of wet beverage onboard - water included. The exception is one bottle of wine or champagne, per person, that will be permitted to bring on the ship during embarkation. An excess of this amount will be discarded without compensation. Also, Carnival staff members will hold any beverages purchased in the ship gift shop or in ports of call until the end of the cruise and disembarkation begins. Carnival says it changed its policies because guests were bringing aboard too many non-alcoholic beverages -- creating a loss of revenue for the Fun Ship line."

Yes, this had beem discussed sense 3/21, a few passengers have reported they were able to take non alcohol beverages on board but we are waiting for more to post with their experiences.

I usually only take 1 6 pk of pepsi on board so i guess i'll dring juice instead.

I will know in 10 days exactly what they are doing at embarkation, as far as enforcing the policy! I will also post from the ship! :)

Look for a thread called "Live from the Liberty Loonies"!:D

This makes no sense to me, you can't bring non-alcholic beverages on board to control liquor consumption, how does that work????

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

This makes no sense to me, you can't bring non-alcholic beverages on board to control liquor consumption, how does that work????

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

You may want to check out the thread that Goin referred to - it pretty much covers it all - over and over and over.

But it really is two seperate issues.....not related. They have always had an alcohol policy which was to "control consumption" - but now they have added the non-alcohol. Probably because of excessive quantities brought on board by passangers.

Carnival changed its policies because guests were bringing aboard too many non-alcoholic beverages -- creating a loss of revenue for the Fun Ship line."

Or thats was the statement says atleast.

I just saw this on Clark Howard's website and thought I would share it with you. The info on this site is always reliable so I have no reason to doubt this.

"Carnival Cruise Line has recently updated its take-aboard beverage policy and will now ban passengers from bringing any type of wet beverage onboard - water included. The exception is one bottle of wine or champagne, per person, that will be permitted to bring on the ship during embarkation. An excess of this amount will be discarded without compensation. Also, Carnival staff members will hold any beverages purchased in the ship gift shop or in ports of call until the end of the cruise and disembarkation begins. Carnival says it changed its policies because guests were bringing aboard too many non-alcoholic beverages -- creating a loss of revenue for the Fun Ship line."

Thread # 71 on the same subject.......:eek: ....in a week.........

I just got my cruise documents today for my May 7 cruise on the Fascination. It states (and I quote) under the Liquor & Beverage policy. "Guests may bring a small quanity of nonalcoholic beverages."

On the other hand when I picked up my cruise documents(before reading them) I asked my AAA agent about bringing water onboard and she stated that we were not allowed to bring any beverages aboard.:confused:

Im sticking to what the cruise documents states and probably bring some bottled water and maybe some diet DR Pepper on board.:D

Peace

Tim

I just got my cruise documents today for my May 7 cruise on the Fascination. It states (and I quote) under the Liquor & Beverage policy. "Guests may bring a small quanity of nonalcoholic beverages."

My docs which arrived this weekend also have the same "old" policy language as this, as well as the statement about a "reasonable" amount of wine or champagne and paying the corkage fee. I guess I'll see what happens on the 22nd:cool: .

to the last 2 posters..

YOU ALSO SEEMED TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT PART THAT SAYS RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES DISCRETION AND CAN BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME AND THAT CARNIVAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUDDEN RULE/POLICY CHANGES.

SO BASICALLY, YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY GOING BY THE OLD RULE.. REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULD SMOKE ON A PLANE, WHEN THEY CHANGE THE RULE , THE FOLDERS STILL SAID YOUR PERMITTED TO SMOKE IN A DESIGNATED SMOKING ROW - I BET IF YOU TRIED TO LIGHT YOUR CIGARETTE , YOU WOULD OF BEEN OF BEEN REMOVED FROM THE FLIGHT IN A HEARTBEAT ...

SO GUYS , SAVE YOURSELF FROM HAVING THE CRUISE START OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT AND JUST FOLLOW THE RULES.

This is NOT true. Our party of 4 families and 20 people just did the Triumph last week and between them all brought on just about every kind of beverage imaginable and a lot of it. Not only at embarkatioin but also at the ports. They were VERY lenient.

Gosh.....hasen't this horse died yet? When do the F deck threads start up again?

Of course....anything could change at any time. They could even start making people wear formal attire on formal night!!!!!

Im not looking to skirt the rules. Im just following what my cruise documents say. If it had stated you cannot bring any water or any nonalcoholic beverages on board I would not. No reason in this computor age for documents not to be able to be updated such as cruise documents. And Im just doing what the documents allow for already.

Tim:cool:

Im not looking to skirt the rules. Im just following what my cruise documents say. If it had stated you cannot bring any water or any nonalcoholic beverages on board I would not. No reason in this computor age for documents not to be able to be updated such as cruise documents. And Im just doing what the documents allow for already.

Tim:cool:

You got it right. ;)

Archived