04 Sept 8 nights from NJ on The Empress

cram33

Who will be going with me?

This is my 3rd cruise. 3rd to Bermuda - 3rd time on The Empress - 3rd year in a row. Do I have a problem? Also, will any of you be scuba diving? I could use a buddy.

I looked and didn't see one. I will try to find it. Do people actually meet on the ship? I wouldn't mind meeting different people to learn from and stop for a chat at a bar or poolside.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'll be joining you on the Empress 9/4. Can't wait. This will be my first time on RCCL. I've sailed on Princess 7 times and Celebrity 3 times. I am so excited. Bermuda is my favorite Island.

How's this ship? I heard it was recently refurbished. It's much smaller than I'm used to but I'm sure I'll love it. I'm traveling with a friend from work. Where is everyone from.

We're from Bergen County NJ.

Any helpful hints about RCCL would help.....

Thanks,

Lisa

Believe 9/4 is an 8 nighter! You will love that itinerary, an extra night...and all 3 ports!! We did it in early June and loved it!! The Empress is about the same size as all the other ships doing Bermuda. We also had a balcony, which was terrific.

Cram33, no you don't have a problem...but if you do I can't think of a better problem to have! ;) This was our 4th cruise on the Empress/Nordic...of about 14 to Bermuda, so we may have a problem too!!...LOL

Have a wonderful trip everyone!! We would have booked again for Sept./Oct., that's how much we enjoyed it!!!....but we're awaiting the arrival of our first grandchild!!

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are also joining you folks. This is our first cruise ever and our first time to Bermuda. Are there any must do's in Bermuda? I am traveling with a 9 and 11 yr old. I'm a little nervous about rough seas and bad weather, going to bring the dramamine and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

The beaches are terrific, especially Horseshoe Bay. The Aquarium is very nice. The Dolphin Quest is located in the fort at the Dockyard/Kings Wharf...you can see them just by touring the fort. There is a snorkel park out there also, brand new, with slides, etc., your kids will like that. We always recommend a taxi tour, at least 3-4 hours...you'll get a great overview of the island.

Have a wonderful cruise! Know you will love Bermuda!

Have a great trip everyone.

I am also on the 10/2 sailing with Mirock and having a heck of a time thinking about what to pack.

Mirock, or any others here who have done this cruise in October, what is the best way to pack?

What will be temps be and any pool time on the first sea day down?

C & K's Mom ---

We just returned from Bermuda last week. We were on the 8 nighter Empress and had our two sons, ages 7 and 11 with us. We took Bonine with us and I took it a couple of times.. it's a chewable tiny tablet. Worked like a charm - although I really believe that the nauseous feeling was all in my head - because I only felt sick when I thought that I should be feeling sick, if you know what I mean. The Bonine is very mild, the kids can even take it - but you should find that they are going to be fine. I don't think it bothers the kids as much as it does adults. And besides - with a Bermuda cruise, you are docked so much of the time.

We visited the aquarium and zoo on our last day (combined with a 2 hour air-conditioned taxi tour - as was suggested here) and I have to say that I was really pleasantly surprised. The aquarium has changed quite a bit since my last visit in '87. It is beautiful and well worth it for the kids sake.

If you are on the Empress - watch out -- 'cause the rooms are really tiny - although they are also surprisingly efficient. A little hint -- try and find one of those pole-hanging sweater holders (?). I found one in Target for about 5 bucks. There is really very little drawer space, only 6 tiny, narrow drawers. We used the hanging shelf for all of our undies and bathingsuits and hung everything else. We had plenty of space for all of our toiletries, although it won't look like that when you first enter the room! We had 6 large suitcases and about 4 carry ons - managed to fit all but one suitcase under the bed after un-packing (lift the bed up-if it won't slide under).

Have a great time! Laurie

Archived