Costa Maya

dj cruise

The pool at the pier is free. It costs $3 to the little fishing village (Majuhaul?) and $2 back and there are different bars where you can go and use there chairs out by the beach, drinks are dirt cheap. Hope this helps

Costa Maya is one of my favorite ports! No charge to use either the pool or the beach there. I also like taking a taxi to Mahahual and checking out the various bars (with beaches) there. Less rocky IMO.

If you go to Mahahual, don't miss the massage on the beach. I think we paid $20 for 45 minutes. It was great.

Was that heaven or what? I had a masseur named Jorge. That man left me limp! And having it done on the beach with the sounds of the waves, the breeze blowing was such a great experience.

Was that heaven or what? I had a masseur named Jorge. That man left me limp! And having it done on the beach with the sounds of the waves, the breeze blowing was such a great experience.

Word of Caution. Do not sit in the sun even for 10 minutes right after a massage without reapplying sunscreen. That massage oil cooked me like a turkey in just a few minutes.

As you walk along the dirt street past all the shops, bars etc you will see massage tables set up all along the way. One place inparticular has nice covered areas where you don't get looked at also has a two story massage platform- breeze blows across it- amazing!! ALot on the street are not surrounded by canopies and seem a bit too public for me!

No charge for the pool at the pier. My wife and I loved it so much we never left. Just hung out by the pool and got bombed on frozen margaritas! Watch it, they pour tequila on top of the frozen ones before they serve it to you. WOW! Also, wait until later in the day to buy at the shops there - better prices, and don't forget to haggle a little.

Archived