I was thinking

soon2bcruising

I know it can be dangerous, but I was thinking that everyone is complaining about kids running wild on the cruise ships (esp. carnival or maybe I am just reading about carnival) and on other posts people are saying how on carnival all day morning to night they are trying to sell you drinks. Maybe the parents are too drunk to know what their kids are doing, and carnival would lose money if people stopped drinking and started watching their children!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Unfortunately you can't make irresponsible parents be responsible. It's unfortunate but something we have to deal with from time to time. I don't think it's just the alcohol that is to blame.[/color][/font][/b]

We have been fortunate on all our cruises not to have many if any kids running around wild. Yes, I blame the parents for this. Case in point, on the Dawn Princess last year one mother was laughing at dinner about how she hadn't seen her 9 year-old son all day. BUT she heard that he was in the buffet area, in his swimsuit, and the staff was taking good care of him. :rolleyes:

Same mother, same kid. She asks an elderly lady with limited mobility to watch her son for a few minutes. The kid takes off and the mother reads the riot act to the older lady. :rolleyes:

And again, the parents took this child to the late night Newlywed/Not So Newlywed Game. I didn't see one other child in there that night and things got a little rank. Not exactly the place for a child.:rolleyes:

I don't know if the parents were big drinkers or not. Maybe just too busy being the child's buddy to be good parents.

[quote name='hstrybuf']Case in point, on the Dawn Princess last year one mother was laughing at dinner about how she hadn't seen her 9 year-old son all day. BUT she heard that he was in the buffet area, in his swimsuit, and the staff was taking good care of him. :rolleyes:

Same mother, same kid. She asks an elderly lady with limited mobility to watch her son for a few minutes. The kid takes off and the mother reads the riot act to the older lady. :rolleyes:

And again, the parents took this child to the late night Newlywed/Not So Newlywed Game. I didn't see one other child in there that night and things got a little rank. Not exactly the place for a child.:rolleyes:
QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]
To quote Liv:

{shakes head}[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think these precious little kids that are causing bedlam in todays cruise world.. to become the cruisers of tomorrow== will be the ones standing at the pursers desk complaining the loudest about unruly children.

Archived