Sleep Inn - Dania, FL Review

Ltvscout

Another question about the Sleep Inn. Is there a bus system that runs past the hotel to the beach? Or the Sun Trolley? How much is it if there is one?

For 11 people, we would need 3 taxis, I would just rather take some kind of bus or trolley.

Thanks

The Publix across the street only sells beer and wine. No booze. However remember they do not sell beer or wine on Sundays until 100pm. A liquor store is about 3 miles due west of the hotel. Put your liquor in plastic containers and pack it with your luggage. That way you don't have to worry about it.

I will check on bus to beach and get back to you on that. There just seems that there would be a bus on Sheridan street.

Linda

:)

You can pick up the #12 Bus for the 3 minute ride to Hollywood Beach on the southwest corner of Sheriden Street & N 14th Ave (100 yards from the Sleep Inn). It runs every 45 minutes from 6am to 8pm. Cost $1.00.

Google Map of the area:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=26.036618,-80.12548&spn=0.027493,0.039911&z=15&om=1&msid=111808212097114498924.000437b0393da247879a7

Broward Bus Map:

http://www.broward.org/bct/pdfs/sm_sys.pdf

What restaurants are available close to the Hollywood Beach? We are getting into FLL mid afternoon & I'm thinking we could take a bus to the beach & then grab something to eat. The bus stop nearby would work out great! Thanks for the info, Bequia.

You can pick up the #12 Bus for the 3 minute ride to Hollywood Beach on the southwest corner of Sheriden Street & N 14th Ave (100 yards from the Sleep Inn). It runs every 45 minutes from 6am to 8pm. Cost $1.00.

Google Map of the area:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=26.036618,-80.12548&spn=0.027493,0.039911&z=15&om=1&msid=111808212097114498924.000437b0393da247879a7

Broward Bus Map:

http://www.broward.org/bct/pdfs/sm_sys.pdf

Thanks Bequia. I think that I will take the #12 bus to the beach for a couple of hours, but if only a few of us are going, I might try a taxi. It's nice to know that someone like you is around to answer all of the members questions. Thanks again.

We're still looking for a restaurant for our pre-cruise dinner that can accomodate over 20 from our roll call, one with excellent food & at good value. Bequia, do you have any suggestions for such a restaurant nearby or on the broadwalk?

An institution in Ft Lauderdale, minutes from your hotel, is Tropical Acres. A family owned steakhouse that's been around since 1949. Heck, I think some of the waitresses have been around since then as well. :p Delicious steaks, reasonably priced, private dining room if you desire, can easily accomodate your group.

http://www.tropical-acres.com/

While there's a number of restaurants that come to mind on the HB broadwalk, most are small, hole in the wall, family owned establishments where you can walk in off the beach in a tank top and swim suit for a decent meal. The Marriott on HB has a decent restaurant but I don't think the wait staff would do a decent job handling a group of 20. I'll be over that way on Sunday, l'll take a look around.

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn two times. Once in April 2004 and last January 2007. Our plan is to stay again in January 2008. We have never had any problems there and hope to hear from people staying before us to let us know that everything is ok. It is not good to hear problems with the management or the conditions in the rooms. I hope that they get it resolved .

Thanks Bequia, you got it quicker then me. I have tri-rail schedules, but not the buses. I knew that there had to be a bus going down Sheridan St. to the beach.

Have you lived here long. I've been here since 1947. Seen alot, and did alot. LOL

Linda

Okay, I was making final arrangements for our cruise, shore excursions, check in, telling my aunt to meet us at the hotel, and all I need now is a recommendation for somewhere to eat around the Sleep Inn. I would like it to be within walking distance, that is good, but if it is nearby it would be good also. Thanks.

Next door in the Publix Supermarket shopping center there is a Chinese, Italian and Mexican restaurant. All have received favorable reviews on these boards from those that have stayed in the Sleep Inn. ;)

Next door in the Publix Supermarket shopping center there is a Chinese, Italian and Mexican restaurant. All have received favorable reviews on these boards from those that have stayed in the Sleep Inn. ;)

Thanks, I knew I could count on you.

Okay, I was making final arrangements for our cruise, shore excursions, check in, telling my aunt to meet us at the hotel, and all I need now is a recommendation for somewhere to eat around the Sleep Inn. I would like it to be within walking distance, that is good, but if it is nearby it would be good also. Thanks.

We have stayed at this Sleep Inn three times. The Italian restaurant across the street we did have dinner at and felt it was pretty good. My wife talked to people who had dinner at the Mexican restaurant and they said that place was very good.

We have stayed at this Sleep Inn three times. The Italian restaurant across the street we did have dinner at and felt it was pretty good. My wife talked to people who had dinner at the Mexican restaurant and they said that place was very good.

Thanks. We are Italian, so we are picky about where we eat Italian out. We might try the Mexican restaurant. Definetly not the Chinese restaurant, as we have our favorite chinese restaurant up here and nothing can compete. Probably the Mexican restaurant and maybe the Italian restaurant.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard much about Sleep Inn lately, so I decided to check out tripadvisor.com. There was only 1 new review, but it was another positive one. It will be 2 weeks from today that I will be in the Sleep Inn. I can't wait for vacation, I need it.

Anyway, I have a couple questions I've been wondering about:

**Does anybody know how big the van to and from the airport is? (I have 12 and wondering if we will make it in one trip)

**When I get into FLL, do I call them from the comp phones by baggage or do i just wait outside?

Thanks.

COT427, We will be pre-cruising there at the end of October & I would appreciate it if you would post information about your stay there when you return. I have also been wondering about CC'ers experiences with staying there recently.

COT427, We will be pre-cruising there at the end of October & I would appreciate it if you would post information about your stay there when you return. I have also been wondering about CC'ers experiences with staying there recently.

We were at the Sleep Inn for one night before our cruise, August 25. I got a great deal, $71.99. The hotel picked us up from the airport. I picked up the phone in the baggage area and the hotel van arrived within 15 minutes. The driver was very nice and sociable. We got to the hotel and it is very nice looking. Very tropical. It is 3 stories high, has a nice inground pool, Walgreens across the parking lot, Publix grocery store and Dollar Tree across the street, and a plaza with a few restaurants is also across the street. We checked in and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice. I signed up for the shuttle to the cruise port when we checked in. We were scheduled to go at noon. Our room was on the 2nd floor and very clean and spacious. The bathrooms looked brand new. Nice marble countertops. Our view from our room was overlooking the pool with palm trees. We had a king size bed. I brought my laptop and they had free internet service. There is a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. There is an iron and ironing board provided in the room. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant across the street. It was decently priced and very good. In the morning, the hotel has a free breakfast. There is everything from bagels, cereal, fruit to waffles, pastries, etc. You won't go hungry and it was very good. You also get a newspaper waiting outside your room in the morning. Check out time is noon which was perfect for our shuttle time. The shuttle arrived promptly and holds 10 people, max. We were then taken to port everglades.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. All staff were very nice and went out of their way to make eye contact and say hello to everyone. They were very personable and the accomodations and property was everything I expected. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to everyone. :)

The van is the standard minivan that all the shuttles use, like car rentals and such. Make sure you book your time to go to the pier when you register and be outside waiting. It is strictly first come first gets the seat. have a great trip all and enjoy the Sleep inn, we did. BTW, the Italian Restaurant across the way is very good homemade food and they do early bird specials that can't be beat.

The van is the standard minivan that all the shuttles use, like car rentals and such. Make sure you book your time to go to the pier when you register and be outside waiting. It is strictly first come first gets the seat. have a great trip all and enjoy the Sleep inn, we did. BTW, the Italian Restaurant across the way is very good homemade food and they do early bird specials that can't be beat.

Thanks. We are flying into FLL and staying in Fort Lauderdale, but then we hired a transportation company to Port of Miami. So we only need the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I guess we will have to take it in 2 shifts because we have 12 people plus 2 luggage apiece for most, some one.

Archived