Sleep Inn - Dania, FL Review

Ltvscout

COT427, We will be pre-cruising there at the end of October & I would appreciate it if you would post information about your stay there when you return. I have also been wondering about CC'ers experiences with staying there recently.

Hey Wendy, I think some of us on the roll call who are staying that Sleep Inn are planning on getting together that Friday night if your interested.

Thanks for your review huxlemo; it's greatly appreciated! I am glad to hear that the Sleep Inn met your expectations. Looking forward to hearing yours COT427. We're still unsure what to do about dinner but since the Italian restaurant is getting very good reviews (I haven't read a bad one yet) we'll probably check out the early bird specials.

Paula, I am one of those that are meeting you on Friday night!;) I can't wait. I am getting sooooo excited. How about you?

• 3 weeks later...

Just came home from my Freedom cruise, 10/7/07. We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Oct. 6, saturday night.

My usair flight landed about 35 minutes early, at 10:30. Our bags came out in a hurry, about 20 minutes later. As soon as we saw the first bag, I called Sleep Inn from the courtesy phone. They said that the van would be there in about 15-20 minutes, just a few steps away from the door, where it said hotel/airport parking I think. So we all gathered our luggage and headed there. We waited about 30 minutes for the shuttle. It wasn't to bad, because it wasn't that hot out yet. The van barely fit the 11 of us and all of our bags, but it did. Sleep Inn also shares the van with Econo Lodge in Hollywood, as it said on the van.

It only took about 5 minutes to get to the hotel. The area surronding the hotel did not look as nice as I expected, but okay. The hotel looked very nice from the outside. We checked in, two rooms with 6 each for one night. We got rooms right across the hall from each other on the 2nd floor.

The first room, 210 was very nice, smelled good, and everythign. The 2nd room, 209 smelled horrible. Immedietly went down to the desk, and they right away have me a new room, 211. It was a lot better. The rooms had 2 queen beds, a pullout couch, a nice desk chair, another couple of chairs, and a nice bathroom. The bathroom was a nice size, but the shower was dirty in one of the rooms.

The elevator in the hotel, only 3 floors was very slow. I thought that the elevators on the ship were faster, and they had 14 floors.

The pool area was nice, but the pool needed to be cleaned. The whirl pool was nice to sit it also, but it was hot that had.

All 11 of us had lunch around 2:00 at the Italian Restaurant, I forget the name of it. It was not good. The soup was okay, but other than that, not good. We each ordered something, from baked ziti, to lasagna, to stromboli.

I did not like the sauce, which ruins it.

After that, we all went back to the hotel to wait for my aunt and her family to visit. Some took a nap, the girls went to the pool, and then we visited with my family. We all sat in the breakfast area, and talked. Then, 3 of us went over to buy some dinner at publix. We bought chicken, salads, fruits, drinks, chips, and dessert. Then, we set up in the breakfast area, and had dinner. there was about 16 of us. Then, they left and we went to sleep. It wasabout 9:30. Then, I guess some of my group went over for dinner at the mexican restaurant, and they loved it. I was sleeping.

That morning, we had breakfast, the weather was nice, and we went shopping at walgreens and the dollar store for a few things.

The transportation company was excellent, they picked us up at 11:45 and we got to the port a little before 12:30.

All in all, the Sleep Inn is a very nice 1 night stay, but not more than that.

Thanks for your review! It looks like we'll have to watch out for Room 209:eek: . It sounds like it is hit or miss on the rooms. I just ask that it be clean.

I appreciate your comments on the restaurant. We also have to decide what to do for dinner. I heard that the Italian restaurant was good; however, I am also fussy about the sauce, actually my stomach is the culprit.

Thanks for your review! It looks like we'll have to watch out for Room 209:eek: . It sounds like it is hit or miss on the rooms. I just ask that it be clean.

I appreciate your comments on the restaurant. We also have to decide what to do for dinner. I heard that the Italian restaurant was good; however, I am also fussy about the sauce, actually my stomach is the culprit.

I also stayed at sleep Inn 10-07 taking the carribean Princess the next day. I liked the Italian reataunt. Just remember the food is not the same as in ur home state.My room which was 320 was clean and the people where friendly & helpful.:D

Thanks for the review. We will be staying there in March of 08. Were the rooms big enough for the 6 pple in each room? Was the sofa sleeper comfortable?

Thanks!!

The rooms are definetly big enough to sleep 6 with 2 queens and a sleeper. The question is, what to do with all of the luggage's? The luggage take up more room than the people. I did not sleep on the sleeper sofa, so I really don't have first hand expirience. However, my aunt did, but she can sleep anywhere, so I really don't know. I love the chair at the desk though, I could have slept on that.

Any other questions?

The rooms are definetly big enough to sleep 6 with 2 queens and a sleeper. The question is, what to do with all of the luggage's? The luggage take up more room than the people. I did not sleep on the sleeper sofa, so I really don't have first hand expirience. However, my aunt did, but she can sleep anywhere, so I really don't know. I love the chair at the desk though, I could have slept on that.

Any other questions?

Thanks for the info!!!

Our Walgreens in KY sells liquor!!!

The Walgreens at the corner of Stirling Road and Federal Highway (about a mile from the Sleep Inn) sells hard liquor. The Walgreens by the Sleep Inn does not. You can call the store directly at 954-923-7490 to confirm. :rolleyes:

//////////////////////

The Walgreens at the corner of Stirling Road and Federal Highway (about a mile from the Sleep Inn) sells hard liquor. The Walgreens by the Sleep Inn does not. You can call the store directly at 954-923-7490 to confirm. :rolleyes:

Bequia,

Thank you so much for the info, a mile will be a nice walk:D

Debr

/////////////////////

If you do walk it there's a local clam shack on Federal Highway just north of Sheridan Street called Tarks. They have the best fried clams I've ever had. They shuck them, batter them and fry them right there in front of you. It's a hole in the wall (some would even say a 'dive') but their clams are awsome.

////////////////////

//////////////////////

After extensive research and 3 phone calls I located a Walgreens at 202 S. Federal Highway Dania, FL phone numbrer 954-920-0082 that is 1.62 mile from Sleep Inn and they do sell liquor.

Robb

Archived