Water taxi to ShiggedyShack

wildbill32

Can someone tell me what is the cost of the water taxi to the ShiggedyShack? Also, does it offer round trip service back to the pier? And I believe I read that it leaves right from the cruise ship pier, is this correct also? Thanks a lot!

Can someone tell me what is the cost of the water taxi to the ShiggedyShack? Also, does it offer round trip service back to the pier? And I believe I read that it leaves right from the cruise ship pier, is this correct also? Thanks a lot!

I don't have the exact amount of Mr. X's water taxi to The Shiggidy Shack. http://www.mrxshiggidyshack.com You can always e-mail him.

Yes, he offers round trip service back to the pier. He will pick you up at Port Zante.

You can also post your question at http://*****

Click on Forum.

• 2 weeks later...
So is the water taxi obvious from the pier? Easy to find? Looking to spend a few hours at Mr. X's and would love to take the water taxi and get a discount on chairs! ;)

The water taxi is located at Port Zante. They should have a sign say Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack.

The Shiggidy Shack is a great place to spend the day. http://www.mrxshiggidyshack.com

• 1 month later...
Does Shiggidyshack get very crowded? This is my suggestion for my day at St. Kitts. There is a group of 10 of us (maybe a few more).

The Shiggidy Shack http://www.shiggidyshack.com is an excellent place to spend the day in St. Kitts and "lime" with the locals.

It does get busy when a cruise ship is in port.

For a quieter beach, I'd recommend Cockelshell and Lion's Beach Bar.

The Shiggidy Shack www.shiggidyshack.com is an excellent place to spend the day in St. Kitts and "lime" with the locals.

It does get busy when a cruise ship is in port.

For a quieter beach, I'd recommend Cockelshell and Lion's Beach Bar.

Thank you. I will look into those beaches. I have a strong feeling though that my group might not want real quiet, sigh :eek:.

Came across my earlier thread and thought I'd update it with a report of our visit to the Shiggedy Shack. When exiting the ship, you will walk along the pier toward town. At the exit to the pier, there is a covered area with a row of booths along each side for various tours. The Shiggedy Shack booth is on the left side, the first one you come to. Tickets for the water taxi are $10.00 pp, they give you a paper ticket for the return trip (don't lose it!). You will then exit the pier and take a short walk to the nearby marina where the water taxi is. We were the only people on the water taxi when we went, it is a rather fast speedboat. We went on an exhilirating 10 minute or so boat ride to the beach. Upon arriving at the beach, you exit the boat and wade ashore (water only calf high or so). Someone met us and set us up with chairs and an umbrella (Only $8.00 total). The Shiggedy Shack lives up to its name, a small stall selling cocktails and beach food (burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc). The beach is not real deep, your chairs will be only a short distance away from the surf. The sand is I guess what you'd call black sand, volcanic in origin, and gets very hot you can't walk on it comfortably without footwear. You can go for a walk along the beach, there are any number of bars and small restaurants located along the way. We left about 2:30 pm for our return ride to the port. We did not partake of any water sports, we were just looking for a relaxing beach day, and were completely satisfied in that regard. We thought that the beach had a really charming "get away from it all" atmosphere.

I also wanted to add that there are several people offering massages on the beach. I took advantage of this. A gentleman approached me and offered a 30 minute massage for $25.00. I wish I could remember his name, I can highly recommend his services. He has a massage table set up under the trees and his massage was very relaxing. He used aloe vera leaves on my sunburn and it helped tremendously with the pain.

Thank you wildbill32. I think you just sold me on Shiggidyshack. I'm glad for the warning of the hot sand and the fact that you have to wade to the beach after getting off the speedboat. Now I know what shoes to bring :D.

Thank you. I will look into those beaches. I have a strong feeling though that my group might not want real quiet, sigh :eek:.

I guess I shouldn't have said quiet. It's just not as crowded with cruise ship patrons as The Shiggidy Shack or Turtle Beach. These tend to be the most popular beach bars.

Thank you wildbill32. I think you just sold me on Shiggidyshack. I'm glad for the warning of the hot sand and the fact that you have to wade to the beach after getting off the speedboat. Now I know what shoes to bring :D.

Whenever I go home to St. Kitts, The Shiggidy Shack is on the top of my list. It is also the official Forum Link Up bar while on the island. http://***** http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

The Shiggidy Shack serves delicious lobster! The staff (Mr. X, Paula, Danielle) are very friendly and love talking to tourists. Next door is Skittles watersports and you can walk down the beach and check out the other beach bars. (Monkey Bar, Ziggy's, Inon's)

ENJOY!

I am going to tell my cruise buddies to check out this thread. Lobster, yum. I love the fact that you can walk down the beach to check out the other beach bars. This sounds like THE thing that I want to do in St. Kitts. Thanks everyone.

I have a question....we were on that beach Frigate Bay, recently and will be back in St. Kitts next February....I agree the beach sand got real hot so it is a good idea about he shoes.

When we tried to go into the ocean it was FULL of seaweed, and I mean real thick....I was just wondering if it is like that all the time or maybe there was a reason it was like that when we were there. If it is always like that then we need to find another beach..

By the Lobsters were huge and only $29 for a delicious meal...we ate at the Monkey Bar.

I have a question....we were on that beach Frigate Bay, recently and will be back in St. Kitts next February....I agree the beach sand got real hot so it is a good idea about he shoes.

When we tried to go into the ocean it was FULL of seaweed, and I mean real thick....I was just wondering if it is like that all the time or maybe there was a reason it was like that when we were there. If it is always like that then we need to find another beach..

By the Lobsters were huge and only $29 for a delicious meal...we ate at the Monkey Bar.

I have never seen experienced a lot of seaweed on South Frigate Bay. Not sure why there was a lot when you were there.

Archived