celebrities on board ?

ma_t_gus

No but on our Western Europe cruise in 1997 on the Island Princess we had sitting at our table one of the boys from "Our Gang". You know the old show from the 50's. If only I could remember his character.

The Our Gang/Little Rascals were from the 1930's. (favorites of mine!)

We sailed on the NCL Jewel in February 06. The cruise had Good Morning America on board. Diane Sawyer, Mike Barr and Gayle King as well as one of the actresses from One Life to Live, cannot remember her name. We all had our pictures taken with them. Very down to earth folks.

I heard the world famous "Shoreguy" was going to be on an NCL sailing soon! Now that is a celeb that I would love to meet!!

We spotted him (a few times) on the Pearl's Transatlantic!

When I was 19 (many, many moons ago) and cruising on Carnival we ran into one of the actresses from the show 227....We took a pic too : )

Kim Catrall is a sweetie and quite attractive. When I used to work on the UES of Manhattan we used to see them film some episodes of SATC.

Back in the 70's when NCL ships were under 20,000 tons and "quaint" we were on a cruise with the great Chicago Bears football player Walter Payton "Sweetness". It was the beginning of his career before the big Super Bowl win. But being from Chicago, we already knew who he was and my BIL who is a big Bears fan enjoyed meeting him and playing a game of ping pong with him. There was a small group of football players on the ship who did a few seminars. We all got to have a tug-of-war game on NCL's out island, I think it was Great Stirrup Cay. Fond memories...

P.S. Thinking of Walter... April is Organ Donor Awareness Month :rolleyes:

Ihad the pleasure of meeting the one and only Soupy Sales on the Norway once. Great guy. Gloria Gaynor was on the Dawn and she survived. Also on the Norway I met Sam Phillips, who founded Sun Records. Pretty good crap player. He discovered some singer by the funny name of Elvis Presley.

I just sailed the POH March 5-12 and Coach Bobby Bowden was alng with a big group of alums. WE saw his group waiting for their ride to play golf one morning and then was in the same elevator with him later in the week. One of his friends asked my friend if she knew Coach Bowden and he didn't even look at her even though they were nearly touching. It was o K , she's a HUGE LSU fan so didn't mind the cold shoulder from him.

I'm of the mind that celebrities need their down time so if I encounter them I just smile and keep going so as not to disturb them.

Archived