Key West/Coz/Coco excursions

Taking a 5 night cruise on EOS in July with my daughter, who will just have graduated from HS. We've signed up for a sunset horse ride through the jungle/cave dance/'authentic' mexican dinner excursion in Cozumel. Pretty sure that's all we'll do there, and plan on a beach day in Coco Cay, but what about Key West? Which excursion is worthwhile? Daughter isn't interested in history/tours. Snorkeling worthwhile? Just walk around? Segway (or however you spell it - I'm dying to try those!)

Looking for opinions on those you've done and if they are well run, worthwhile. (Snorkeled in Curacao a few years ago and hated it. Cold water, slipshod outfit, danger everywhere).

My DH and I are doing this same route in Nov. I have gained loads of info from cruise critic. Towards the bottom of the main "boards" page, locate "Ports of Call" they have a page for Key West. You can find some great advice there! Have a good cruise and let me know how you like it!

Thanks,

Karen

Just walk around Key West--there are lots of restaurants, shops, bars (for mom and dad!). It's a very quaint little island. There are no really good beaches there.

After you've gotten your fill of the main drag, why not head back to the ship and make use of what youv'e paid for? The ship will be nearly empty, as will the pool area! It's really nice having the ship to yourselves!

Key West is small enough that you can just walk around and do things on your own. We did do the little train trolley tour, but don't know that we would do that again. We did parasail in Key West through Fury Watersports, which is located right there at the dock where the ship is anchored, and did that on our own. That was a lot of fun! I would say just do whatever the spirit moves you. :cool:

Melinda

Do the Nature Kyacking tour. It's a LOT of fun. I've done it 3 times now (twice on a cruise ship, once on a land vacation.) You see a lot of marine life and it's a beautiful trip. Here's a copy of my post from another Key West thread. (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=526595)

"You don't need to be in super good shape, you learn a lot about the ecosystems of the Florida Keys (more interesting than it sounds). On the tour I have seen manatees, nurse sharks, jellies, BEAUTIFUL birds, conchs, and a lot of other things.

http://www.hurricaneholekeywest.com/...atersports.htm"

Here's an idea if you're walking around

I liked Kermit's Key Lime Shop the best of all of them. The frozen key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate is NOT to be missed.

http://www.keylimeshop.com/

Whatever you do, HAVE FUN!

Taking a 5 night cruise on EOS in July with my daughter, who will just have graduated from HS. We've signed up for a sunset horse ride through the jungle/cave dance/'authentic' mexican dinner excursion in Cozumel. Pretty sure that's all we'll do there, and plan on a beach day in Coco Cay, but what about Key West? Which excursion is worthwhile? Daughter isn't interested in history/tours. Snorkeling worthwhile? Just walk around? Segway (or however you spell it - I'm dying to try those!)

Looking for opinions on those you've done and if they are well run, worthwhile. (Snorkeled in Curacao a few years ago and hated it. Cold water, slipshod outfit, danger everywhere).

I believe you are on the same sailing as me. We have a roll call thread going on, there are only three of us on there so far. Come and join us! We haven't booked any excursions yet, but I think we are only going to book and excursion for Cozumel, that's it. Key West is great to just wander around.

Archived