Spirit Air for Cruise

wizfourfam

Spirit has great air prices flying into Orlando for our November cruise. When I called them to see if they have any kind of agreement with other airlines, I was told no. If our flight was cancelled, they would offer us our money back or alternate Spirit flights to Orlando. We plan on arriving the night before to allow for delays BUT don't want to find ourselves in a situation where we have to book other air arrangements at the airport! We are planning a weekend getaway and trying to keep the costs reasonable. LOL We currently have cruise air booked, but haven't made final payment yet.

Anyone have experience with Spirit and flying in for cruises? Would appreciate any tips and suggestions.

Used Spirit last November, Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. Flew down the day before the cruise. Both flights were on time and no problems at all. Booked on line, chose our seats and printed out boarding passes. Worked great for us.

We're booked on Spirit Air in Oct flying into FLL.....got a good price online and picked out our seats already.

My sister and her family always use Spirit Air...they fly every few weeks for business/pleasure....6 of them just flew to Ft. Lauderdale last week....they've never had any problems or delays.

I've been flying Spirit Air out of Atlantic City for over 15 years. Never once had a problem (I'm probably jinxing myself here...LOL). They are pretty much always on time, even early on occasion (partly that has to do with them being pretty much the only airline flying out of A.C., so there are rarely delays due to traffic.) Anyway, we always make it a rule to book the first flight out, thereby leaving some leeway in case something happens and we have to take the later flight. So far, it's never happened.

• 3 weeks later...

We love Spirit - they used to fly direct to FLL from DIA, we would upgrade to First Class at the counter for $40 each -

Unfortunately, they decided to pull out of DIA - they just couldn't get a foothold here. We will miss them, they've provided us with some of the best service we've ever received.

Archived