Ventura attracting Non P&O Types

daiB

Now, would this not have been much nicer?

Do you want to give us another clue:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:cool:

Dai

What about Ventura rings my bell?

Well the comedy club and Tapas bar sound good for starters.

I am on the weekender, mainly to have a good look around a big ship! Never been on one over 100,000 tons before.

By September all the minor niggles should be sorted out as well as she will have been sailing for nearly 6 months by then

I shall report back!:cool:

Sue

What about Ventura rings my bell?

Well the comedy club and Tapas bar sound good for starters.

I am on the weekender, mainly to have a good look around a big ship! Never been on one over 100,000 tons before.

By September all the minor niggles should be sorted out as well as she will have been sailing for nearly 6 months by then

I shall report back!:cool:

Sue

Sue,

You have gone quiet over your bookings, I thought you had more planned for 2008 than a 2 nighter. It takes a long time to get Gold that way;).

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Dai

Plans for next year, besides the Ventura weekender are a Venice cruise.

I really want to do the Arcadia Venice one on May 5th 08, but as it starts on a Monday,16n equals back Wed , so Tony would need 2wk and 3 days off work, which he is not happy about. As he runs 2 small engineering companies and is a hands on boss. before the cruise last year to celebrate our silver wedding anniv, the most holiday we ever had was 1 week.

So we are at stale mate at moment, thinking about Princess 12n cruise flying out to Med and a 12nighter on perhaps Emerald, or even a Celebrity ship. Might hold fire until we have had our Med cruise in 7 weeks to ensure we want to do another main hol cruise - i am sure we will !!

Do you think we will loose Arcadia after Jan 09 ??? Thought she was ok as Someonw said she may be doing a world cruise, but now flora, i think said a Captain told her she's leaving.....

Sue:eek:

Dai

Plans for next year, besides the Ventura weekender are a Venice cruise.

I really want to do the Arcadia Venice one on May 5th 08, but as it starts on a Monday,16n equals back Wed , so Tony would need 2wk and 3 days off work, which he is not happy about. As he runs 2 small engineering companies and is a hands on boss. before the cruise last year to celebrate our silver wedding anniv, the most holiday we ever had was 1 week.

So we are at stale mate at moment, thinking about Princess 12n cruise flying out to Med and a 12nighter on perhaps Emerald, or even a Celebrity ship. Might hold fire until we have had our Med cruise in 7 weeks to ensure we want to do another main hol cruise - i am sure we will !!

Do you think we will loose Arcadia after Jan 09 ??? Thought she was ok as Someonw said she may be doing a world cruise, but now flora, i think said a Captain told her she's leaving.....

Sue:eek:

I think she will stay at least until the second Ventura class ship in 2010.:) Decisions will be made, I am sure, at that point and will depend on how well all ships are booking.

If the market will stand 7 ships then all will stay.;)

We are waiting on a pre booking for Arcadia tomorrow. We are flexible regarding cabins so not to bad. No Suite this year and no butler:(.

Happy Cruising

Dai

Dai

Have you cruised on Celebrity or Princess?

Do you reckon if I use my womanly wiles I will get the Arcadia 16n cruise, or shall i go for a fly-cruise?? UMMM weight restictions -yuk

Sue

Dai

Have you cruised on Celebrity or Princess?

Do you reckon if I use my womanly wiles I will get the Arcadia 16n cruise, or shall i go for a fly-cruise?? UMMM weight restictions -yuk

Sue

Hi Sue,

No and No.

&

You could try:D.

Bad idea fly cruise. Very port intensive, few sea days.

What about QE2, some of her cruises are less than 14 nights as she cruises at a higher speed. Or you could go to the Atlantic Islands, some 11/12 nighters there.

I would concentrate on Venice in May although we hope we are going in July. To-morrow is the big day.

Whatever be quick as the prices are on their way up now. See latest Cruse kings Email.

The OBC and free car parking are well worth having but you have to book by 31st August.

I will let you know the outcome of tomorrow.

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Lucky devil !

2 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS OFF WORK still a no-go

j808,

looking at Princess now. Perhaps a night in Venice before 12n cruise, still under the 2 weeks then

Sue xxx

Hi sue we have to do with a week on Roysl Deeside now and Loch Lomond in 4 weeks. Ventuta will have to wait for a year or two. I have a problem with the other halves hoiliday as well.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Dai

The tide is turning, I think I have won! and he is agreeing to venice cruise on Arcadia now, but he wants to wait until we have been on the med one in 6 1/2 weeks time to ensure he still likes cruising/and the ship enough to spend another £4k on another cruise...:p

Hope 2nd sitting sitting wil still be available....

suex

Dai

The tide is turning, I think I have won! and he is agreeing to venice cruise on Arcadia now, but he wants to wait until we have been on the med one in 6 1/2 weeks time to ensure he still likes cruising/and the ship enough to spend another £4k on another cruise...:p

Hope 2nd sitting sitting wil still be available....

suex

What does he mean to make sure he still likes cruising???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Gan Canny

:D

Dai

Well the answer would appear to be, yes, she is attracting non P&O types, as 35% of the bookings taken are from first time P&O cruisers.

What is more in the first week of booking, 45% of her cabins for all cruises have been taken.

Not bad for a ship not yet in the water!!!!!:):)

Happy Cruising:D:D

Dai

Well the answer would appear to be, yes, she is attracting non P&O types, as 35% of the bookings taken are from first time P&O cruisers.

What is more in the first week of booking, 45% of her cabins for all cruises have been taken.

Not bad for a ship not yet in the water!!!!!:):)

Happy Cruising:D:D

Dai

Jeeeez Dai

Your well informed! Are you a TA or perhaps Mr Dingle's right hand man?

Cb

Jeeeez Dai

Your well informed! Are you a TA or perhaps Mr Dingle's right hand man?

Cb

No, unfortunatly not, although I am available at the moment, for the right offer.

It was just an Email newsletter from Ideal cruising.

I would think that there has been a press release from P&O and IC are one of the first to pick it up.

It also says that this is a record for Carnival, now is this over the group as a whole or just P&O it is not clear.

Happy Cruising

TA or PA

:cool::cool:

Dai

Fi

I'll offer 75p for Dai, he said hes available for an offer !!!:confused:

Are you starting a bidding war for Dai?:confused:

Will he mind?:confused:

What will his duties be for the princley sum of 75p?:confused:

IzzyR

daiB said:

P&O have certainly gone to town with the promotions with OBC and free car parking for Ventura. I hope there is some of that when it comes to the cruises on the rest of the fleet.

I can't see (maybe I'm blind) anything about the OBC. Can somene point me n their direction? Are they only available if you book direct with P&O? (we've mainly booked with Ideal in the past)?

I'm interested in Ventura to the Canary Isles on 28 September - good itinerary (never been to the Canaries), good prices, what's not to like?

there is free car parking in 08 for Ventura pax, and i think the obc is for PORTUNIS passengers only?

Have you got plenty of different quotes?

Try LES, at CRUISEKINGS, they are the cheapest internet Travel Agents in the UK, and will give 10% off the pricebreaker price in pando brochure.

email: cruises@sempletravel.co.uk .

Sue

daiB said:

I can't see (maybe I'm blind) anything about the OBC. Can someone point me n their direction? Are they only available if you book direct with P&O? (we've mainly booked with Ideal in the past)?

I'm interested in Ventura to the Canary Isles on 28 September - good itinerary (never been to the Canaries), good prices, what's not to like?

Hi Tom,

The OBC is available to all Portunus members, you should have had a letter, who cruise for 5 days or more. It is dependant on the number of nights of your cruise and goes from £25 to £175 pp.

The OBC is available on all cruises and with all bookings ie. P&O and TA's

:):)Happy cruising:):)

Dai

Archived