Diving in Dominica

rsingleton

rsingleton,

We didn't dive but snorkel. However my husband dives and was so impressed with this group on our snorkeling trip, he almost went diving with them in the afternoon.

They are fairly new business in Dominica but professional and personal service.We usually bring the underwater housing unit for the digital camera but didn't on this trip and so regret it. We saw more fish, coral, even a sea horse with them. They were booking a French filming crew for May while we were there.

http://www.aldive.com/index_new.php

There is also a site called Dominicawatersports.com

Hi,

My husband and I went diving with castleview (that is the name of the resort - not the dive company - whose name I am forgetting at the moment). The owner is Derrick. He and his crew are incredible. We had one of the best days of our life the day we went diving with them.

Barbara

Dominica is a fabulous place to dive! I am lucky enough to live here and snorkel whenever I want. (Can't dive due to ear problems) Dive Dominica or Anchorage Hotel are well known and professional operators.

Jenafair

livingdominica.com

Jenafair, we love to snorkel and would like to see "highlights" of the island. We don't really want to spend the whole day on a tour bus. Do you have any ideas of tour operators that would hit the "must see'" placwes and leave us the most time for snorkeling! I am dying to see a sea horse!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

My husband just went diving with Naure Island divers on May 8.:) He said the dives were fantastic. They picked us up at the pier and drove us 20 minutes to the next village. Because it was very choppy that day, I went with a cruise group on their kayak\snorkel trip while he dove. The snorkeling was good. Our leader did an excellent job in pointing out things and going down to point them out to us. When the others left and I had to wait for my husband, they made sure I was taken care of till he got back. they got us a taxi and we still had time to shop before we left the port.

We were just in Dominica last week. We had a private tour guide & he is actually a certified dive instructor etc. He is so nice! He hit all the places that others don't go. He catered to our specific needs. A little more pricey than others but well worth the money. You will not be disappointed!!!

His name is Woody from Off the Beaten Path.

Following is his info:

http://www.travelbarefoot.com/Tours/obt/

his e-mail addy is: adquatics@yahoo.com

If you contact him be sure to tell him I sent ya!

We were just in Dominica last week. We had a private tour guide & he is actually a certified dive instructor etc. He is so nice! He hit all the places that others don't go. He catered to our specific needs. A little more pricey than others but well worth the money. You will not be disappointed!!!

His name is Woody from Off the Beaten Path.

Did you go diving with him, or did you do a land tour with him, or both? If you went diving with him, what dive op did he use or was affiliated with?

Thanks.

Did you go diving with him, or did you do a land tour with him, or both? If you went diving with him, what dive op did he use or was affiliated with?

Thanks.

No I don't dive. We did an island tour with him. There was a woman that he met on the islands (taking tours) & she had booked him for the week, just so happened to be the week were there, to dive with her. He checked with her & she was going to do something else but I told him I didn't mind if she toured with us........anyways, She goes like every year or two to dive with him. All she talked about was how much fun they had etc. He also teaches at one of the hotels when requests are made. I can't remember whom they used to dive through. I just know that she said they go out with a group but her & woody end up doing their "own" thing. He must be good for her to use him that often huh?

Archived