Thanks to Cruise Critic Members!!!

cindsue

I am so very glad I found this website. We were booked in cabin 8156 on the Pride. After reading the posts religiously, I was very worried about noise from the Lido deck. (Our cabin was directly below the pool/bar area.) So, I have been periodically looking on the Carnival website to see if there were any deals that would enable us to switch to a different cabin. (The deal we got when we booked was a 2-category upgrade, so the price for our cabin kept going up.) Well, persistence really does pay off. I finally found a deal and cabin worth switching to. So, I called my TA (also my sister-in-law) and told her about it. She called Carnival and we have been switched to a different Extended Balcony Cabin one deck lower, which should totally elimate any Lido deck noise. But, the icing on the cake is that the price is lower and the $229.24 difference is being given to us in onboard credit! This will cover our tips and pay for a few umbrella drinks!! Thanks again to everyone who took the time to share their wealth of knowledge and experiences on these boards!

Good deal! I wonder how come I never can do something like that????

Oh, maybe it's because my ta does me a good deal to begin with!!!:p

Actually, we had a smokin' deal to begin with. In fact, every time I went back to check prices, the price for our cabin category kept going up (one time it was close to $400 more than what we paid). And, as of the other day, our cabin category was not even being offerred any more. The new cabin is actually a lower category. I had never considered going to a lower category until reading about the possibility of noise from the Lido Deck. It's funny because it is only one deck lower than the previous cabin...kind of like going to a concert and paying twice as much for the "better seats" and ending up only one row in front of the cheap seats!!

I have learned so very much from this website. You are all like the Yoda's of cruising!! May the Cruise be With You!

Archived