Quebec: Frontenac Hotel

Since we will be in Quebec for 2 1/2 days, we want to have a nice luncheon at the Hotel Frontenac. I tried to find out info on the web site, but to no avail.

I google in Frontenac, but it just gives some overview of the hotel, but no where to make reservations for lunch.

Anyone have info please?

for the information. I guess I did not google "Fairmont", not realizing that this chain owns the Frontenac.

I will e mail them and see what they say re luncheon res.

Heck Grace I also did not know that Fairmont owns them. I just google the name of the hotel and all sorts of info came up so I just started to hit them all.:D Sure hope this helps you. it is a beautiful hote, been inside but not to have tea, just looked around.

Marilyn

Bonjour Gracecarmo,

the only restaurant open at lunchtime in le Château Frontenac is Le Café de la Terrasse. They have an à-la-carte menu as well as a buffet. A good choice, but very expensive. I'd rather suggest lunch at one of the many excellent restaurants in old town (like Panache, Laurie-Raphael, l'Initiale, etc...). For the same price, you'll have an extraordinary experience to remember. You still can go to le Château later for afternoon tea or to sip your preferred apéritif in their Saint-Laurent bar.

PCO

Québec City

We are not residents of Quebec, but had the pleasure of spending a few says there prior to embarking the Sea Princess. I would agree that the luncheon options "inside the walls" are fantastic, and some are much more reasonably priced than the Chateau Frontenac. What I would recommend is spending a relaxing hour or two in the lounge/bar, get a window seat, and enjoy the view and the ambience.

You might also want to leave 10 or 15 minutes for their gift shop. We are in the habit of picking up an Xmas ornament as a souvenier of each trip - the gift shop has a lovely assortment of same, as well as many other items.

We loved Quebec. Enjoy!!! And have a wonderful cruise as well. :D

Archived