PA to Ny port

gixxerfrog

My Gf and I are leaving out of Ny for a cruise next month and i was wondering whats the best way to get to the port. we plan on driving out from pittsburgh and staying over Fri. night we are leaving the 12th of May on norwegian dawn. the address is manhattan cruise terminal.piers# 88/90/92...711 12th avenue..nyc,ny we are trying to find a hotel where we can park our car and find a way to the ports. we heard cabs are bout 60-80 $. just wondering if there is an easier way and if we should stay in NJ or NY. we also were thinkin bout staying at LaGuardia and they have a shuttle that takes u right to the port for 35 each way. just trying to see what the easiest and cheapest way is. We were also wondering how hard it would be to get to the port..this is our first time driving in nyc.

My Gf and I are leaving out of Ny for a cruise next month and i was wondering whats the best way to get to the port. we plan on driving out from pittsburgh and staying over Fri. night we are leaving the 12th of May on norwegian dawn. the address is manhattan cruise terminal.piers# 88/90/92...711 12th avenue..nyc,ny we are trying to find a hotel where we can park our car and find a way to the ports. we heard cabs are bout 60-80 $. just wondering if there is an easier way and if we should stay in NJ or NY. we also were thinkin bout staying at LaGuardia and they have a shuttle that takes u right to the port for 35 each way. just trying to see what the easiest and cheapest way is. We were also wondering how hard it would be to get to the port..this is our first time driving in nyc.

Cabs from where. This is not good info a cab from anyplace in Manhattan to the piers would not be more than $20.00. If you stay outside of Manhattan, it could run 40-50 for a cab but that is like from one end of the city to the pier. JFK to the port is fixed at $45.00 plus toll and tip and is about as far way as you can get. There are no hotels in Manhattan that will allow you to leave the car except if you pay an exorbinat amount. My suggestion is simple. Do you want to see Ny or just get to the terminal. If you just want to get to the terminal...stop near strassberg in PA you will be about 2 hours from the Pier or where 80 meets 287 and you'll be an 1 and half. The hotel will be much cheaper and then you can just park at the pier...expensive yes but less that a hotel or a cab back and forth by LGA. A yellow cab from LGA to the cruise terminal is about $35 per cab not per pessenger and about the same back but if you just want to park at the airport park outside the city and park at the Cruise terminal....much less hassle and probably cheaper too. My wifes family is from Fredonia NY and we drove this all the time. Its about 7 hours from Pittsburg to the Cruise terminal...about 380 miles if I remember correctly.

I would leave at 4 am and drive it in one day...

You could also look at renting cars one way/each way. We are getting a National Car Rental and dropping it off in Manhattan, staying overnight and walking to the pier. You could also get a cab. (We are traveling in July on a 4 day and packing very light). It was cheaper to rent the car each way than to drive our own and pay for parking.

Archived