Romance package on NCL

BLONDIE35

Is the romance package worth it on NCL and when is the cake and champagne party usually held? I have read on other threads where the cake and champagne party was forgotton about by NCL.

Also, has anyone had flowers delivered to their room and if so how were they??:D Thanks!!!

Is the romance package worth it on NCL and when is the cake and champagne party usually held? I have read on other threads where the cake and champagne party was forgotton about by NCL.

Also, has anyone had flowers delivered to their room and if so how were they??:D Thanks!!!

Romance YES :) :) :) :)

Cake &Champagne You pick the night.

I believe it was held on a Thursday... we didn't go since we'd had so much wine on that cruise already. It was my fiance's birthday and he had, like, 4 cakes and just as many bottles of wine. We tried to take the last one home, but it wouldn't fit in our luggage. Someone at American Airlines ticketing desk got to take it home.

We have done the romance package and thought it very worth while...but we skipped the champagne & cake, so I can't give an opinion on that.

My TA sent us the "Spring" arrangement I think it was, on our first cruise. It was as nice as any floral arrangement that I've received from a local shop.

:)

Just did the romance package on the Wind.

The cake and champange party was not until night TEN of and eleven night cruise.

Also, the cake said "Happy Honeymoon" even though my DW and I were the only honeymooners out of about 10 couples.

The other things included with the package were all groovy.

In the end, it was a good price, but I wish the party had been earlier in the cruise.

My husband and I just did this on th Spirit, we felt it was well worth the $$ we had a bottle of champage/wine and choc. covered strawberries the night we sailed from NY. Cananpes delivered one afternoon,(these were not to our liking, appeared to be anchovies on crackers) The champagne and cake party was great we met lots of nice people, it was on a thursday night, huge cake and LOTS of champagne. Dinner at Lebristo was wonderful, with a bottle of wine, we had appetizers, soup, main dish and dessert. Then waiters had a special surprise (don't want to give it away:) ) They gave us a cake too, we were so full we took it back to our room and had it later. It would recommend it, I think it was a great value. You will receive a letter on your door telling you when your cake/champagne party is and you just make your reservation for dinner whatever night you want. Also they take a picture of you at the party and you get that too!!

so for the $79 package it has champagne, strawberries, cake and champagne party, diner for two at Le Bistro AND wine at dinner or was the wine at diner a fluke?

thanks everyone for your input!!!:D sound great for $79!

so for the $79 package it has champagne, strawberries, cake and champagne party, diner for two at Le Bistro AND wine at dinner or was the wine at diner a fluke?

thanks everyone for your input!!!:D sound great for $79!

Yes, all of the above - wine at dinner included.

And, a tray of canapes delivered to your room on one evening:)

Remember to bring the Romance Package letter (which will be in your cabin) to LeBistro the evening you go there for dinner.

It shows them that you have already paid for the dinner;)

I've ordered flowers before.

I'm in the import flower business and I know what the true value of flowers are. Knowing how much profit the ship was making off my order did not bother me, but the old flowers did.

They were old, simply said. Roses should be slightly open and starting to unfuirl when you receive them and they SHOULD last at least 5-7 days before dropping petals and dying. Tropicals should be firm and last FOREVER (2 weeks) when fresh. Daisies, forget it, they can last forever, too, I've had fresh chrysanthemums in water for over three weeks with a little maintenance (changing water, pinching dead flowers off). Flowers should not smell musty, should not have spots of mold on them, the foliage and stems should be clean, crisp and clear of any type of slime.

To keep the life of your flowers in your cabin at thier best, keep them away from fruit (they emit ethelyne gas and "ripen" your flowers as well), cigarette smoke and drafts.

Make sure if you receive flowers that are not fresh, to ask for replacements. Usually the cruise lines use a vendor in port and keep the florist shop stocked with more flowers.

I've ordered flowers before.

I'm in the import flower business and I know what the true value of flowers are. Knowing how much profit the ship was making off my order did not bother me, but the old flowers did.

They were old, simply said. Roses should be slightly open and starting to unfuirl when you receive them and they SHOULD last at least 5-7 days before dropping petals and dying. Tropicals should be firm and last FOREVER (2 weeks) when fresh. Daisies, forget it, they can last forever, too, I've had fresh chrysanthemums in water for over three weeks with a little maintenance (changing water, pinching dead flowers off). Flowers should not smell musty, should not have spots of mold on them, the foliage and stems should be clean, crisp and clear of any type of slime.

To keep the life of your flowers in your cabin at thier best, keep them away from fruit (they emit ethelyne gas and "ripen" your flowers as well), cigarette smoke and drafts.

Make sure if you receive flowers that are not fresh, to ask for replacements. Usually the cruise lines use a vendor in port and keep the florist shop stocked with more flowers.

Thank you for your "insight" regarding the flowers:)

The romance package is definitely worth it. We tired the deluxe package with the massage. it was great. The canapes that are sent are not to our liking either. But I have heard that you can request cheeses instead. I will try on our next cruise. Also with the deluxe package you get breakfast in your room. It has more choices than the regular room service menu. The strawberry and cream is to die for. My DH gets the eggs benedict. The breakfast is gorgeous. The dinner at LaBistro is great. You do get wine-your choice of red or white. This package is great--well worth the $$.:D

Does anyone know if the included dinner at Le Bistro is "negotiable"? I wanted to get one of the romance packages for our cruise on the Spirit (5th anniversary) but neither my wife nor I is a fan of French food. If I were to order the package, would it be possible to get the "free" dinner with bottle of wine at the steakhouse or Japanese restaurant rather than the Bistro?

But don't be afraid to try the "French" restaurant. We had the most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth short ribs and tenderloin in LeBistro. It would satisfy any beef-lover! Not enough red meat?; order two!

I agree the short rib/ tenderloin was delicious.

Order 2 entrees in Le Bistro and they charge you 2 cover charges.....;)

You can order as many appetizers and desserts as you want.:)

If you're wine drinkers then it may be worth it for you. But the strawberry plate and canape plate are both small. They were tasty, though, and we enjoyed both. I'm just not sure we'd do it again. We could go to Le Bistro at an early price for 1/2 price, not worry about the wine or appetizers and save a lot of money.

Oh, and we forgot to go to the party! It was on the last sea day and it just slipped my mind by then.

Does anyone know if the included dinner at Le Bistro is "negotiable"? I wanted to get one of the romance packages for our cruise on the Spirit (5th anniversary) but neither my wife nor I is a fan of French food. If I were to order the package, would it be possible to get the "free" dinner with bottle of wine at the steakhouse or Japanese restaurant rather than the Bistro?

No, you can only go to Le Bistro, there have been other posters on here that have reported trying to switch restaurants and have been told no. Never hurts to ask, though.

I had a filet mignon in LeBistro on the Dream last fall that was fantastic!

"Romance Package

Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

A traditional Mandara pedicure and manicure for one

Two 25- minute Mandara Spa half body Seven Seas Massages

Tea service in stateroom on the afternoon of your choice"

Did anyone get the tea service in the stateroom? what was that like?

• 1 month later...
You have to call them, but it'll only take a minute!

Another question then...we don't sail for another 124 days, should I wait until closer to sail time to order? The form says no later than two weeks before, but any recommendations on how early to send the form? I don't want to order so early that it gets lost in the shuffle. Thanks again.

Another question then...we don't sail for another 124 days, should I wait until closer to sail time to order? The form says no later than two weeks before, but any recommendations on how early to send the form? I don't want to order so early that it gets lost in the shuffle. Thanks again.

I've order items this early and have never had a problem. I see no reason that you couldn't order this now just to get it off of your "to do list". :)

Archived