Statendam Review SE Asia Cruise March 2007

Bellair

Great cruise this one departing from Sydney on the 2nd of March bound for Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands & Hamilton Island, Cairns & Great Barrier Reef, Cape York Peninsular, Darwin, Bali, Semarang Indonesia, Singapore, Tra Nang Vietnam & Hong Kong China.

See video highlights:

Smooth seas throughout the journey, so Gi picked up out of Indonesia & dealt with efficiently on board.

Meals great as usual but shows mainly repeatable from last years 14 night cruise of Aust-NZ.

Enjoyed it so much we have booked our third cruise with the Statendam (rumored to be retiring in the near future) on their WW2 South Pacific trip in March 2008, 25 nights to Japan from New Zealand via New Caledonia, Guadacanal-Honiara, Rabal PNG, Yap Guam Saipan Micronesia, Okinawa, Nagasaki, Osaka.

N & P Bell

Melbourne, Australia

Enjoyed it so much we have booked our third cruise with the Statendam (rumored to be retiring in the near future)
What time frame? She has cruises presently scheduled through Dec 2008.

What time frame? She has cruises presently scheduled through Dec 2008.

I asked the Captain Peter Boss & he did not know of any retirement although he said the ship is almost 16 years old & can be purchased for around 80 million The crew had said they heard after the Carribean etc. as the Volemdam is replacing her in these waters late 2008 for the Australian NZ cruises.

Regards

NB

Thanks for sharing your terrific video. Not only did I love seeing S.E. Asia, but also the ship. We are cruising on the Statendam for the first time this summer - going to Alaska. I was a bit concerned when I learned after booking it, that this is an older ship - but it still looks pretty good on your video at least.

Again - nice job! :)

Jeanne

Thank you so much for the review!

Can you tell my what type of cabin you had? How is the dining room in the way of "vibes" from the engine in back? Did you get your requested dining seating?

We are booked on her to sail this fall from LA to NZ so your review (and video) was great!

Archived