Country inn and suites - Cape Canaveral

golf43

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral. Was a nice hotel. Rooms were on the small side. Just 2 beds, small fridge and microwave in the room. Was fine for one night. The pool looked really good. Did not get a chance to get in it. The breakfast buffet was good too. When checking in I asked the lady if I will have a nice view liked I asked on my reservation. She said yes. When we got to our room, we had a lovely view of the parking lot. LOL.

I am staing there pre cruise i Sept any suggestions on local eateries and was there shuttle to the cruise port dependable?

thanks

Jeff

Jeff the CI&S is a hotel that opened last May and the staff are super nice. The only places to eat which are within a block or so of the hotel is Zackery's Greek Family restaurant which is owned by Zack and his wife Dina that are very up on customer satisfaction, then there is Kelsey's Pizza just South of the Radisson on the west side, Subway sandwich shop and then accross the street you have McDonald's and Thai Thai which not only has sushi, but other foods as well - all are clean and owned by folks that are well respected in this area - if you have transportation, then you can venture into Cocoa Beach which has nice places to eat or go to the Port on Glenn Cheek Road and you will find Rusty's Oyster Bar, Fishlips and the famous Grill's - if you need transportation to the port, make sure when you check in at the CI&S that they make you reservations to be picked up at the time you want to be taken to the port - they use several shuttle services and do not have any of their own.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always

Shirley

We drove down so we were able to drive around. We went down to Merritt Island to Red Lobster for dinner. It was nice to see the area. Even though we did not use the shuttle service at the Country Inn, we did see the shuttles bringing people back from their cruise. The shuttles are really nice. They are big vans pulling a trailer so there is alot of room for people and their luggage.

We stayed there earlier this year and thought the hotel, pool and service were wonderful. At the front desk, they had a little map and several restaurant suggestions. Cocoa beach was very pretty, but not too much to do there IMO. We did relax the day before the cruise, which was perfect for us. We used the shuttle service (Arts) and were very impressed; reliable, prompt and inexpensive. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived