Bridge tour???

karen sharpe

johnmik1 I read this in another post: Captain Perrin is going to the Grand Princess out of Galveston in mid March for 2 months and then on vacation and then rejoining the Grand again in Southampton on July 28. Do you know if he will be onboard the Grand June 7th 07 for a med cruise or will there be a replacement?:(

Sorry,I know he will be on the Grand in Sept as we are just missing him in Southampton and he is going to Diamond after that.

Friends of ours just got off the Sea Princess on March 31, and mentioned a bridge tour. As mentioned in an earlier post, there is usually bridge, engine room and galley tours on the cabin TV, if you feel like looking for them.

Woodofpine, I'm not sure why you find it hard to beleive the ship is so automated. It's not like they need some old guy with a beard and rainsuit standing outside holding onto a 4-foot diameter ship's wheel steering the thing. Input the GPS coordinates into the computer and let it go.

I guess you've never seen what some airline pilots are doing while the plane is flying LOL.

My 11 year old grandson has been on 4 bridge tours - the latest was Jan. 07 on the Diamond. All have been on Princess and none have been through the kids camp. He is on the Grand this week for spring break and I have no doubt that he'll get yet another bridge tour.

Thanks for posting this - I am hoping to leave the Captain a note and get a bridge tour for my family group of 9 - 6 of us will be celebrating anniversaries, so I hope that helps our request! The galley tour sounds like a ton of fun - do we write to the Maitre' d to request that?

I believe it is offered as part of the upgraded Vow Renewal Package.

Yes it is.

Deluxe Renewal of Vows

This package includes:

All the benefits of the above Renewal of Vows Package plus these fabulous extras: spacer.gifChampagne breakfast in bed—a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast in your stateroom the morning of your choice.Two Princess Cruises waffle robes—a gift for you to take home.A visit to the Spa—one 30 minute therapeutic massage or facial per person.Choice of canapés or petits fours in your stateroom on selected evenings.A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port.spacer.gifItem #1104 $485 per couple

I believe it is offered as part of the upgraded Vow Renewal Package.

Well I know hubby would like a bridge tour but doubt if he would go to this extreme!:D:D:D

Sounds like the other alternatives are being under 17, which isn't going to happen, remarrying which is a definite no or writing a note of request to the Captain,leaving it with the front desk with a point of interest i.e. Grandma was on the Titanic!:D:D

We just returned from the Sapphire and after a note to the captain, was invited to tour the bridge. We also did this on the Star in April of last year. My Dad got to tour the engine room a few years back (he was an engine room engineer on the ship he was stationed on years ago in the army) and had mentioned that to someone in passing on the Grand, and a few days later he was invited to tour the engine room. That was back in 2000, but he still talks about it, it made his day...

Archived