Carnival Miracle Topless Sundeck?

I know that most, if not all Carnival ships have a topless sundeck.

I just wanted to make sure the Miracle has this sun deck before I book.

Is it located near the funnel and how large is the deck.

Also, has anyone been on the Eastern cruise to Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Saint Maarten? How's the cruise?

thanks,

It appears the topless deck is no more, on any Carnival ships. It may be listed as adults only, but it may have been turned into something else. My cruise on the Miracle was last Oct./Nov. so maybe someone with more recent experience can give you more defininte info.

I haven't been to St. Kitts, but St. Lucia and St. Maarten are great!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Carnival made an extremely STUPID decision and closed the Funnel Decks to topless sunbathing. They are renovating their ships and adding an Adults only Serenity Deck, but it won't be Topless either. I'm investigating other cruiselines because of this and alot of folks have cancelled their cruises. I hope you have an awesome time though :)

At least St. Martin's Orient Beach will allow you to go nekkid if you want!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Carnival made an extremely STUPID decision and closed the Funnel Decks to topless sunbathing. They are renovating their ships and adding an Adults only Serenity Deck, but it won't be Topless either. I'm investigating other cruiselines because of this and alot of folks have cancelled their cruises. I hope you have an awesome time though :)

At least St. Martin's Orient Beach will allow you to go nekkid if you want!

And some of us are only now considering Carnival because of this stupid decision.

And some of us are only now considering Carnival because of this stupid decision.

I have to ask, why do you think it was stupid to have a topless deck in the first place? I personally never used it but thought it was a great place for those who wished to to have some privacy and be away from the other decks. Little eyes you know. ;)

I am just curious, who is cancelling a cruise because of no more topless deck, men or women? Are people really being serious about being this upset about no more topless deck? I have my 18th Carnival cruise coming up and I never once was on the F deck.

I really wasn't bothered by having a topless deck. I never went there nor would consider using it. But I had no problems with people who wanted to. What I don't understand are statements of people CANCELLING their cruise because there's no topless????? It seems to me that if clothing optional is that important to someone then they should be going to a nudist resort! I don't understand how removing one tiny area where a woman can take her top off could ruin a cruise for someone....oh well....:rolleyes:...to each his own I guess. Just putting in my two cents......

I really wasn't bothered by having a topless deck. I never went there nor would consider using it. But I had no problems with people who wanted to. What I don't understand are statements of people CANCELLING their cruise because there's no topless????? It seems to me that if clothing optional is that important to someone then they should be going to a nudist resort! I don't understand how removing one tiny area where a woman can take her top off could ruin a cruise for someone....oh well....:rolleyes:...to each his own I guess. Just putting in my two cents......

Yes, read the multitude of F-Deck threads and you will see alot of the numbers of cancellations and that's just on CC. Clothing Optional is a multi billion dollar industry annually and I do go to Clothing Optional resorts as well. Carnival offered Topless for many many years, so that gave me a value oriented way to continue my beautiful tan without the ikky lines and visit several islands in one week. Topless didn't hurt anyone and it enhanced the cruise experience for alot of folks. Since there is no dress code on the Lido Deck, would everyone just prefer those to walk around their children topless?? :) There are LOADS of children that go to Nudist Resorts as well, but I only go to Adults Only Clothing Optional Resorts personally.

I have other choices for cruiselines that appreciate choice, so I am doing my research until Carnival wakes up again. It's just a shame because we really did enjoy cruising Carnival and the F-Deck was the only place on the ship (besides the privacy of the inside of our cabin) that you could get peace and quiet and no children horseplaying around you.

I am just curious, who is cancelling a cruise because of no more topless deck, men or women? Are people really being serious about being this upset about no more topless deck? I have my 18th Carnival cruise coming up and I never once was on the F deck.

It's a mixed group of men and women that I personally know outside of this board that frequented the FDeck. I am a woman..... I was doing all my research to cruise the Destiny again in October of this year, but will not waste my money on Carnival when Celebrity, Costa, and others allow me to be myself while tanning ;)

The topless sundeck is the only reason we cruised Carnival. Period.......

We enjoyed that deck. And for people that never used it, they will never understand. I can't believe Carnival has made that decision.

It appears that we will search another cruise line or do something else on vacation. Carnival.......You just lost my business.......

The FDeck closed about 1 month ago..... Are you saying that you just booked your Graduation Cruise after that?? Otherwise, your comments really don't make any sense :confused: Did you even know there was a topless deck before all the threads started about it closing?? Just curious to know how much weight to put on opinions is all. And I do listen to differing opinions.

My husband and I are on the Miracle the end of this month. Although topless deck was not among my criteria for cruise selection, the opportunity to get some tanning would have been nice. Regret Carnival's decision to remove this choice.

Has anyone did any research on other cruise lines that has a topless deck. I would appreciate any feedback.

thanks,

Yes, Celebrity and Costa for sure as well as the NCL newer line.... Others have said MSC, but they emailed me and said they do not. I know that Windjammer is pretty liberal, but I haven't started researching them yet.

My question earlier about the people being upset with the lack of the F-deck being men or women was because I wanted to know who really freqented that deck. For women who want a place sunbathe topless is fine. I wasn't sure if it was men who were upset about not being able to gawk at topless women.

My question earlier about the people being upset with the lack of the F-deck being men or women was because I wanted to know who really freqented that deck. For women who want a place sunbathe topless is fine. I wasn't sure if it was men who were upset about not being able to gawk at topless women.

LOL Well, I'm sure there might be a few gawkers who will be disappointed! :D I know men and women both who used the topless deck. 1) they could sunbathe topless in privacy away from most of the gawkers and 2) it was adult's only, a big plus on a ship where kids can be found most everywhere.

The topless sundeck is the only reason we cruised Carnival. Period.......

We enjoyed that deck. And for people that never used it, they will never understand. I can't believe Carnival has made that decision.

It appears that we will search another cruise line or do something else on vacation. Carnival.......You just lost my business.......

Every sun deck on Costa is topless, and you can go topless at the pools also, nobody cares. Funny, Carnival owns Costa, must be because Costa is more European.

We only went to the Topless Deck for the PEACE and QUIET. It's a delightful spot where you can read without kids screaming and climbing all over you. It's also the best oceanview on the ship. I'm still going on Carnival this summer, but I'm disappointed that the "adults" area has now closed.

We only went to the Topless Deck for the PEACE and QUIET. It's a delightful spot where you can read without kids screaming and climbing all over you. It's also the best oceanview on the ship. I'm still going on Carnival this summer, but I'm disappointed that the "adults" area has now closed.

By all reports, the Adults only aspect of the F-deck is the same.

Old sign:

Adults only

No Cameras or Video

Tops optional

New sign:

Adults only

21 years and above

By all reports, the Adults only aspect of the F-deck is the same.

Old sign:

Adults only

No Cameras or Video

Tops optional

New sign:

Adults only

21 years and above

Oh this is excellent news!! Thanks for letting me know. Now, I just hope the SLIDE is open so my kids won't be let down (it was closed during our last Carnival cruise):(

Hmm...if the new sign says...

New sign:

Adults only

21 years and above

...does that mean they will ask you to put your top on if you are sunbathing with it off? Or, will they (Carnival employees) just ignore it and look the other way?

Do you see my point? The old sign was saying it was ok. The new sign doesn't say you CAN'T sunbathe topless, it's just not on the sign any longer. Are we supposed to assume we can't sunbathe topless? Just curious.

I have not cruised Carnival yet (only RCCL), but we have a Carnival cruise booked over Christmas. I would definitely use the F deck for an even tan if I thought I could do that without breaking their rules and causing a ruckus. Can I just smile and say I'm German (I am, technically)? :)

Hmm...if the new sign says...

New sign:

Adults only

21 years and above

...does that mean they will ask you to put your top on if you are sunbathing with it off? Or, will they (Carnival employees) just ignore it and look the other way?

Do you see my point? The old sign was saying it was ok. The new sign doesn't say you CAN'T sunbathe topless, it's just not on the sign any longer. Are we supposed to assume we can't sunbathe topless? Just curious.

I have not cruised Carnival yet (only RCCL), but we have a Carnival cruise booked over Christmas. I would definitely use the F deck for an even tan if I thought I could do that without breaking their rules and causing a ruckus. Can I just smile and say I'm German (I am, technically)? :)

I'm sure some will try and get away with it still acting like they "didnt know the new rule"......

Archived