Hotel close to Port Everglades

I have been searching around for a hotel close to port for my first-time cruise in August. We're getting into Florida the day prior to our cruise, and would love a place preferably with shuttle service from the airport or to the port... or at least close enough that taxi costs won't be too crazy.

Rather than search blind on the net, I thought I'd throw out a line for recommendations!

amerisuites and embassy suites are 2 i think of off hand- we stayed at amerisuites 2 times last fall when going out of fll- they picked us up from airport and took us to the ship- walking distance to some shops and grocery and restaurants- would stay there again- have a great cruise-

I have been searching around for a hotel close to port for my first-time cruise in August. We're getting into Florida the day prior to our cruise, and would love a place preferably with shuttle service from the airport or to the port... or at least close enough that taxi costs won't be too crazy.

Rather than search blind on the net, I thought I'd throw out a line for recommendations!

go to cheap hotels.com or expedia or travelocity

bid for a hotel room

marriott's suites motels or springhill suites by marriot

nice smoke free hotels yeah!!offer free tansport from fll

free breakfast

cheap transportstion to cruise terminal 10$ pp

we will do this at xmas this year

good luck

:) I appreciate the suggestions!

I had been poking around the hotel sites and read up on tripadvisor, but it always helps to hear from folks who have 'been-there-done-that'!

Thanks, again.

Anyone have info on the Sheraton Yankee Clipper? My sister is going on the Enchantment and she got this on

Priceline. Thank you! :)

Hi

Have stayed at the Sheraton twice. Nice hotel good location, about a 15 min ride from Airport to Hotel, and hotel to pier. We've always rented a car so don't know about a shuttle but I would assume the have one for both trips.

Keith

Anyone have info on the Sheraton Yankee Clipper? My sister is going on the Enchantment and she got this on Priceline. Thank you! :)

I was at the hotel in December. It's acceptable if the price paid was low. It's just an old old old hotel. If it's only one-night pre-cruise and the price is right, don't worry, it'll be ok.

One hotel that should be complete now or almost complete with their refurbishment is the Ft. Lauderdale Grande. It is the former Marriott Marina and overlooks the port. The hotel is also on the water taxi route which is good for wanting to go out to dinner. I was there in December and the General Manager stated most work would be completed by April.

http://www.fortlauderdalegrande.com/?intPropertyId=26&Src=LXR+PropDetails

I was at the hotel in December. It's acceptable if the price paid was low. It's just an old old old hotel. If it's only one-night pre-cruise and the price is right, don't worry, it'll be ok.

Hi

Have stayed at the Sheraton twice. Nice hotel good location, about a 15 min ride from Airport to Hotel, and hotel to pier. We've always rented a car so don't know about a shuttle but I would assume the have one for both trips.

Keith

$60 on Priceline. She's planning on taking taxis from the airport to hotel, hotel to port. Are there a lot of restaurants near the hotel? They probably won't get in until 6pm or so.

Archived