X (RCCL) discrimatory practices

DAllenTCY

Not at all. I would be furious as well. Tuggers (Gail) has mentioned in the past that X's pricing is unfriendly to single travelers. But this seems to go beyond that. Are you using a travel agent?

Why aren't your dollars as good as anyone else's?

Susan

Wait a minute, I just went back and reread your post. You got a full refund and a future cruise credit. I don't think you can use a future cruise credit for anyone other than the people originally booked; after all, it is a courtesy credit, a way the cruise line apologises for an inconvenience. Your wife was not inconvenienced, hence she is not entitled to the credit. At least that is the way it appears that X is interpreting it. And since they issued the free credit, it seems that they are entitled to interpret it the way that benefits them.

agree

Methinks the cruise lines should, as the airlines do, distinguish between "credits" and "vouchers". For cancelled flights, bumps, etc - I have received both, at different times. Once, I was cancelled on a Business Class ticket, and received a "credit" - which I later used to pay for (almost) two Coach tickets. More often I have gotten a "voucher" which entitled ME to a free flight.

So, if you received a refund, and a voucher good for another cruise, they are right to limit its use to YOU.

If, on the other hand, you received a refund, and credit for X dollars, you should be allowed to use X dollars any way you want, i.e. two in a different category, or 1/2 the cost of a Suite by yourself or partial payment on two cabins with the whole family, or whatever.

Archived