Chops??? Sorry if this sounds stupid but....

We will be cruising out on April 28th on Enchanment and we plan on going to CHOPS for a nice dinner (celebrating 9 years of marraige this month).

But will we enjoy CHOPS if we just so happen to be ex-meat eaters?? I know it sounds crazy to want to go to a place called CHOPs if you don't eat meat but I don't think Enchantment has Portofinos, right? Does the menu at CHOPS include other tasty entree's other than those famous steaks that I've been hearing about? Hey its our anniversary I want do somethin special for the ol' ball & chain! ( just kidding, we're only 27 & 29-got married young)

We're not vegans but we did stop eating meat about a year & a half ago! Just a healthier lifestyle - Appreciate any comments:o)

Here is a Chops menu -- http://www.tomandemily.com/Submitted/Jewel%208%20Day%20Docs%2011-20-04/Docs/Dining/html/Dining%20-%20Jewel%20-%20Chops%20Menu3.html

I'm a vegetarian and was on the Jewel in February for our 10-year anniversary. We also wanted a "special" dinner, but we looked at both the Chops menu and the Portofinos menu, and there was VERY SLIM PICKIN'S on the Chops menu. Thus, we didn't book there. If I were you, I would not plan to eat there, as you'll be disappointed with only eating a salad and bread. We ate at Portofino's during the Murder Mystery Dinner and I had no problem obtaining a substantial vegetarian meal.

If Enchantment doesn't have a Portofino's, perhaps you can have a special evening in other ways -- eat at the main dining room, but have a special dessert together. Is your anniversary day on a port day? Perhaps you can do something romantic in one of the ports? Or, perhaps you have a couples massage on your anniversary day. Try to find some other options on your special day.

I just think you are going to wish you hadn't spent the extra cash for Chops when you'll be so limited with the menu there.

Contrary to what has been said above here, we ate at Chops and I am pretty much of a vegetarian. When we ordered I explained that to the wiater and said I'd just order the baked potato and a salad, but the waiter was so nice and said the chef would prepare me something special. I said I would love a pasta dish and sure enough the chef made me a special pasta fresly prepared. It was a wonderful, savory, pasta marinara.

When you make your reservations, tell the maitre d' your situation and see what can be done. My guess is that since Enchantment does not have a Portofino, the Chops staff will be more accommodating. If there were both a Chops and a Portofino, they would probably just tell you to eat at the Portofino.

I agree that it would be worth a trip there as you board. Go to Chops and talk with the hosts. There's usually someone there at boarding time to promote the restaurant. If you don't hear something encouraging, then move on. But, you just may find them accomodating. We've been impressed that both Chops and Portofino are real, upscale restaurants. The couple we have cruised with 2 times is a little less adventurous than we are with food. Their special requests to alter menu items have generally been met at the fine dining restaurants on board.

Archived