Cayman Jeep Adventure through RCCL

NoVa Mimi

Has any one been on the Cayman Jeep® Wrangler Adventure & Beach Snorkel through Royal Caribbean? I would really appreciate any information about this tour. Island Marketing has discontinued their Jeep excursion and we saw this one listed and wondering if it is any fun. Please let me know if you've been on this excursion and what you thought of it. Thanks!

Hi Mimi,

Well, we did this thru Celebrity, so I think it is probably the same thing.

Drove a jeep in a caravan thru Grand Cayman. First stop was a pier where you could look across the water and see where the expensive homes were. Guide told us a few facts there and then we went into the mangroves and drove around those. Saw several iguanes. Went to Spanish Reef Resort where we were suppose to go snorkeling, but water was too rough. Had a free drink there and swam in their pool for awhile. Ended up on Seven Mile Beach at Beach Colony Club. Had a free drink and stayed there a couple of hours and took a bus back to the pier. We liked the excursion. Got to see more of GC than we had before and loved the beach. Would do it again.

Cindy,

Thanks so much for the information, I appreciate it. I have a couple of more questions if you don't mind....while driving the jeeps, was it flat roads that you drove on or did you actually do any hills or such? Also, did you find that you had an opportunity to stop someplace to buy anything?

We've never done the Western route before so all this is new to me :) I had wanted to try to get to Rum Point, but I have found that it just isn't possible to get there and we don't want to see the Sting Rays. Thanks again for your help!

Grand Cayman is flat. The highest point is "The Mountain" at 62ft above sea level, though the garbage heap at the dump may have exceeded that by now.

If you really want to go to Rum Point, rent a car and drive yourself. No problem.

Hi Mimi,

Well, we did this thru Celebrity, so I think it is probably the same thing.

Drove a jeep in a caravan thru Grand Cayman. First stop was a pier where you could look across the water and see where the expensive homes were. Guide told us a few facts there and then we went into the mangroves and drove around those. Saw several iguanes. Went to Spanish Reef Resort where we were suppose to go snorkeling, but water was too rough. Had a free drink there and swam in their pool for awhile. Ended up on Seven Mile Beach at Beach Colony Club. Had a free drink and stayed there a couple of hours and took a bus back to the pier. We liked the excursion. Got to see more of GC than we had before and loved the beach. Would do it again.

We are also interested in this excursion... The excursion says that you also stop at the rum cake factory, and Hell. Did you do this on your tour also?

Mimi,

Like the other poster said, GC is very FLAT. No hills. The only difficult part was remembering to drive on the "wrong" side of the road. We followed several other jeeps, so it wasn't too bad. My husband drove and he really didn't have a problem. When we were done with excursion, we went back by bus to where the tenders are. There are a million shops right around there. But remember, GC is very expensive compared to say Coz.

Kitty,

We didn't go to Hell or the Rum Cake Factory. Spent more time on the beach and at Spanish Reef Resort. I think Hell is really nothing to see. You drive quite and way to see a rock formation, that is not very impressive. You can buy the rum cakes all over town.

We are going to Rum Point this time and Pedro's Castle, then coming back and spending some time on Seven Mile Beach. I am a beach girl and I have heard so much about Rum Point, I have got to go. We have hired a private guide and there are 6 of us going with him.

Cindy, can you share the inofrmation about the private guide you hired? There are only 3 of us, but I would love to do that. I really want to go to Rum Point, but we really do not want to rent a car. How were you able to find a guide and was it really expensive? Thank you for all the information! :)

Hi Mimi!

I looked on this site for recommendations for a guide. We have hired Marva Shaw in Jamaica. They rave about her on the Jamaica thread. Somewhere I read that she also had tour in GC that were ran by her son, Javia. I contacted him through Mara's email and told him what I wanted to see and do and he will take you anywhere you want to go. Her website is knowjamaica.com. He, like Marva, arranges the tour you want to do, not just a standard tour. That is what we like because all the things we wanted to do, were not on any tour the ship has. I never hired private tours until our last cruise. I was always afraid of something happening and them not getting us back to the ship on time, but since I read all about the good private tour guides on these threads, I changed my mind.

As I said, he is taking 6 of us for $70 pp, which includes entry fees.

Cindy, I'm a little confused...we contacted Marva for a tour in July and she said that her son Javia was moving to Jamaica to help her with her company. She said he would be there by the summer. She gave me his phone number to contact to get information about a possible guide while we were in Grand Cayman in July (for Rum Point). I called him and he confirmed he was going to moving to help his mother but would try to get me information about another tour guide that could help us while we are there. He told me it would cost us at least $300 (there are 3 of us) to get someone to take us to Rum Point. He didn't get back in touch with me yet and it's been 3 weeks. I only bring this up because I am worried that he might not be in Grand Cayman when you get there. Please forgive me as I don't want to appear bold or try to put a damper on your plans, I'm just concerned for another CC.

Tami

Tami,

Yes, Javia is moving to Jamaica, but it is sometime after we are there. I think later in May. He is not as prompt as his mother, but if you email him and say, more or less, I am waiting to hear from you and I haven't, I think his mom gets on him and he emails back.

Think his prices are a little high, but GC is a lot more expensive on everything. But, prices for all day tours through the ship are about the same.

Just got back from RCI Voyager on Saturday. We booked a Pirate Cruise excursion that appeared to be so lame when we got there, that my kids begged me to not make them go. We ditched the Pirate Cruise and caught a cab. There are oodles of them, all very clean minivans. They are set up to take you to Hell, the Homestead, Turtle Farm (you can pay extra to go in or just look thru the fence like we did), Seven Mile Beach, Rum Factory and Governor's Residence for $20 per person. Depending on how long you want to stay at each stop, it will take about 2 hours. They will drop you off on the beach or at the pier when you are done. Its a good deal in my opinion.

Archived