top optional deck

More than Disney?????? :confused:

Is that a true statement?

Disney carries more kids per ship. But Disney only has two ships. Carnival carries something like 500,000 kids per year. If each Disney ship had 2000 kids per cruise (the ships only carry about 2500 when full), that would only be 300,000 (the Wonder has two cruises per week). A more reasonable number is around 1200 kids per Disney cruise. So yes, Carnival carries more kids than Disney.

I agree that Carnival should enforce its adults only rules, but again, it is well know that it does not. In fact, given that the prior poster brought up Disney, Disney does a much better job of enforcing the adults only rules. However, a cruise on Disney costs twice as much as a cruise on Carnival.

I guess one has to decide which is more important, money or a kid free cruise. If money is more important, go ahead and book Carnival. But be prepared to share your space with the kids (unless Carnival changes its act and does enforce the adult only areas). If being kid free is important, then book a cruise on HAL.

I have been on two cruises in early May with Carnival. In each case there were only about 150 kids on each cruise and I didn't notice any problem with the kids (but then kids don't bother me either). I was on an October cruise on NCL and again there were 150 kids on the cruise. Again, I did not have any problems. 150 kids out of over 2000 is not bad at all (less than 10%).

I was on the Navigator of the Seas in August. There were 800 - 900 kids on that cruise. Once again, they were no problem. However, in this case the kids represented 25% of the total population.

If you are trying to stay away from kids, then book a cruise during the normal school year. On Carnival, RCI and NCL (and Disney) you are still going to see some kids. On HAL and Celebrity you might not. HAL and Celebrity cost a little more than RCI, but not that much more.

I have toured two HAL ships and two Celebrity ships during the typical school year. In each case there were a few (less than 20) kids on each ship. I have also toured the Vision of the Seas twice during the typical school year (October). Like my experience on Carnival and NCL, there were about 150 kids on board.

Its your money and your vacation. Make whatever choice best suits you.

Disney carries more kids per ship. But Disney only has two ships. Carnival carries something like 500,000 kids per year. If each Disney ship had 2000 kids per cruise (the ships only carry about 2500 when full), that would only be 300,000 (the Wonder has two cruises per week). A more reasonable number is around 1200 kids per Disney cruise. So yes, Carnival carries more kids than Disney.

That makes sense..thanks...I guess I was just assuming Disney had more ships.:cool:

Archived