?? for recent Elation passengers

luvz2run2000

Yep, there is a deli, and our cabin did have a hairdryer but I always bring my own because the ones on the ship never seem powerful enough.

your cabin had a hairdryer? i don't know of any fantasy class ships that have hair dryers, unless they have recently added them since i've been on them. but re: elation, i was just on it 2/17. no hair dyer, and i was in a cat 12 penthouse suite:confused:

While we're on the topic of amenities on the Elation, can someone tell me whether washers/dryers are available for passenger self-service? Since I'll be on the Elation for 15 days on my upcoming cruise, it would be nice that I can do laundry onboard and lighten up my luggage. ;)

Appreciate your reply.

your cabin had a hairdryer? i don't know of any fantasy class ships that have hair dryers, unless they have recently added them since i've been on them. but re: elation, i was just on it 2/17. no hair dyer, and i was in a cat 12 penthouse suite:confused:

This is official answer:

Do I need to pack my Hair Dryer?

A hair dryer is provided in the bathroom (Destiny, Triumph, Victory) or at the desk/vanity in the stateroom (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor, Liberty). Hair dryers are not provided in the staterooms of all other ships.

That said; Inspiration 2/07, 4A I had a hair dryer! If they are adding then it would be nice if they updated the site

I now know I better pack mine to be sure ;)

While we're on the topic of amenities on the Elation, can someone tell me whether washers/dryers are available for passenger self-service? Since I'll be on the Elation for 15 days on my upcoming cruise, it would be nice that I can do laundry onboard and lighten up my luggage. ;)

Appreciate your reply.

Yes, laundry facilities available on Elation. Enjoy your cruise!

truecruiser,

Re: Cat. 12 Suite

Did you check behind the mirror of the large vanity/dresser in front of the bed? I was totally unaware that the mirror swings open and there are some shelves and a hair dryer in there. My wife told me when we got home or else I would have never known.

I was on Elation awhile ago, no hair dryer, but I brought my own. Important though, I would being an extension cord, or surge protector something to increase the outlets. There were not enough outlets only one in the main cabin so if you have a cell phone, a couple of digital cameras (i went with a friend we both had our own), and a hair dryer, you may have a problem like we did! The deli was really good, it was a shame we didn't go there till the second to last day though!

Just got back from Elation two weeks ago and there was NOT a hair dryer in my room (cat 4A).

The deli is at the same counter as the pizza - there is not really anything advertising it except a small menu of the available sandwiches. It has some good sandwiches, though.

There is a laundry facility, on the E deck, if I'm remembering correctly.

Have a great time. The staff is really helpful if you need anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I put a subscription on this thread but for some reason, never got a notification of replies. Just so happened I was looking today and saw the responses on my question from all the nice people. A belated thank you to all. ;)

Come on over to our roll call, we're a small (but friendly) bunch.

Thank you for the invite. Just to let you in on a little secret. :cool: I've been watching that thread for quite sometime now and seeing all the chit-chat fun you guys/gals are having. :p I haven't joined in as I've been busy. I'll try to make it to the meet-and-greet on 5/13 and of course, don't expect me to put faces to screen names to real names to cabin # to........:confused:

truecruiser,

Re: Cat. 12 Suite

Did you check behind the mirror of the large vanity/dresser in front of the bed? I was totally unaware that the mirror swings open and there are some shelves and a hair dryer in there. My wife told me when we got home or else I would have never known.

if i am understanding you correctly, then no, i did not. when facing our vanity, the left portion of the mirror swung open to reveal shelves, which we utilized. but, those shelves were no bigger than your typical medicine chest shelves. i was ltd as to what i cld stock there. a hairdryer wld never fit (and was not in it). a hairdryer was also not in any drawer.

as far as the large center portion, i don't think this swings open:confused: . it is flat against the wall.

We were also in Cat.12 penthouse suite on Elation March 31.

Mirror did open, but no hairdryer. I wouldn't have thought that one could fit there either unless really small:confused: . But I did look b/c I had read that some posters had found one there, although I did not. Would bring one just in case.

Archived