Karaoke on the Conquest, Anyone?

McCraig

We have been on the Conquest several times, last being in February 2007....The Karoke is great we were there every nite that they had it, some nites it was so crowded we couldnt get a seat...The piano bar was ok but people can smoke in there and we are none smokers....So we would only stay for a short bit....always something to do on that ship...:)

Tips for karaoke from "the Queen" ( of something other than being a *# @*^

for a change!!! :eek: )

1. DO take your own karaoke CDGS if you have them. The selection on the various ships is not that great. (at least the 16 different times I have been onboard)

2. IF you are pitch dependent (guilty as charged), the systems do have key selectors (pitch control) however, the Fantasy's is still broken (at least when I was there last month). So if you have the software that I now have where I can create my own custom CDGS with all the songs in the proper key...use it! Fortunately, the Fantasy's is the only one that has ever not worked...but just be aware that this can happen.

3. IF you have always wanted to try karaoke, but was always to scared because you were in a place where folks knew you....here is your chance. As I tell everyone, if we were Whitney Houston, we would not be singing karaoke on a Carnival ship. The object is to have fun....

No one knows you here....and even if they did...karaoke is every night around 9pm...who is going to be sober enough to know the difference???

Have a great cruise!!

Does anyone know the age minimum to participate in karaoke on the Conquest? My DD will be 1 month shy of being 16 when we cruise in August.

It literally varies from ship to ship (and even karaoke host to karaoke host). So the KH that is currently on the Conquest may be a different one by the time you sail in August and the new KH may use completely different rules.

Most of the cruises I have been on have had "Adult karaoke" since this is what people request most often. (No offense to children, but adults do not cruise to hear little Molly sing Mary Had A Little Lanb 3 times in one night....yes, that is an actual experience). However, "Adult" at karaoke usually means 16 (only once has it meant 18) and there isn't anyone there asking to see a passport.

Again, we do not have anything against children. I realize that grandma or grandpa might want to see Little Molly sing. That is why Camp Carnival has karaoke several times on the cruise. But several cruises I have been on has been where Adult karaoke has just been overwhelmed by 7 - 9 year olds and that is not what adult karaoke from 9pm - midnight is suppose to be all about.

I suggest that you have her sign up and I do not think it will be a problem.

Archived