Shore Days..

zbar

Not new to cruising but I have really never payed attention to what goes on on the ship on Shore days. This time we have decide to not even get off the boat in Grand Cayman (may visit Margaritaville) so I would like to know are there things going on on the Lido Deck such as the band ect?? T

i dont think we would ever NOT get off. But i am also interested to know what goes on in the ship for those that dont leave. and we have met a couple of people that dont get off at all! their has to be somekind of fun activities to do especially on carnival.

i know on our last cruise we had SURVIVOR contests on every 'at sea' day. maybe they do something like that.

i guess if you have seen the island already, it would be a reason for someone not to get off.:p

We always get off the ship, even if its just for a little while to do some shopping or whatnot. But from what I can gather, there isn`t much going on, on the ship. I do know that there are people that use this time to get some of the spa services. I have a friend that does this, but she then just lays around the pool.

I agree that there isn't much going on during the day when the ship is in port. However, if you like peace and quiet or a nice place to just sit and read a book, that's the time to savor. :cool: A couple of years ago we were on Princess and they had a trivia game while in port. I was the only one who showed up and the assistant cruise director (who was running the game) declared me the winner and gave me the "prize". :p The next day on the morning TV show, the cruise director and the assistant announced that I had won the previous days trivia game against "tremendous competition". LOL!!!

DH stayed on board when one of the kids was sick during our port day in Jamaica. He is into woodworking and can "fix" anything. He really enjoyed watching all the maintenance that went on while we were all in port playing. Sort of funny that he had a great day even though he had to stay on the ship.

BF and I stayed on the ship at one port and were amazed at how peaceful it was. We definitely enjoy the fun of the ship, but since we couldn't decide on an excursion, so we decided to use that as our "alone day" and did things that we wouldn't have wanted to fight the crowds for (many trips down the water slide, lounging around by the pool, taking advantage of being alone in our room since there were 4 of us sharing it, etc.) We were at a port where there isn't any shopping right off the ship, or we probably would've at least done that at some point.

Archived