Hotels

CloudyinAz

I don't know if this topic has been covered or not but here it is. I would like people to list the Island they stayed, and at what Hotel . Their pro and con reviews. Also any insider secrets, like best price,freebies. It would also be nice if you could list if they have a shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port. Also, how far the hotel is to cruise port would be nice to know too. Thanks

We're planning to sleep on the ship too, but many people are flying in early or staying a few days after the cruise and may need some of this info. I know we are going to fly in to Oahu early, and want insider info on hotels there, and if they shuttle to and from the airport and dock. Also it would be nice to have free breakfast. I don't want a roach motel, but something safe for a family with plenty to do in the area. We will rent a car if time permits. There are just too many hotels to pick from and none mention shuttle service to dock of to and from airport. Anyone out there in the know on Oahu.

We stayed at the Royal Lahaina in Maui for a week several years back.

The biggest plus: it was the first resort built in Kaanapali and thus sits on the nicest stretch of beach. A lot of the other resorts in Kaanapali are sandwiched in together, so the beaches get crowded -- there was always plenty of room at the beach in front of the Royal Lahaina. The lobby is lovely -- lots of dark wood and flowers -- just what you'd expect in Hawaii, and the gardens are filled with plumeria trees so the air is wonderfully fragrant.

The biggest negative: it probably hadn't been remodeled since the 60's (we stayed there in 2001 so this may not be true today). The rooms were dated -- shabby furniture and carpeting. The pools were probably original -- rectangular-shaped -- not what you'd expect at a resort in Hawaii!

Archived