Murder Mystery on the Explorer?

Oh,gosh, I hope so..I had such fun at the last one. I think they may because I was talking to a couple of the staff/actors about how the displayed headshots were not right and he said they were still from last week. Hopefully he really meant "last week" which would have been a 5-night and not "last performance" which could go either way.

Does anyone know if there is a murder mystery dinner on the 5 night sailing on the Explorer?[/quote

That sound really cool on a cruise ship! Are they only done on Explorer,or other ships too, and do you know what the dates are??

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a murder mystery dinner on the 5 night sailing on the Explorer?

That sound really cool on a cruise ship! Are they only done on Explorer,or other ships too, and do you know what the dates are??

Thanks

Check out Day 1 in my Explorer link in my sig. It describes the Mystery Dinner. The mysteries vary and as it'sthe cruise staff who are the actors,it isn't hugely professional, but it was a great amount of fun. It is done on a bunch of the ships at different times.

From my trip report. This, by the way comes with pretty much unlimited champagne and wine in the cost. The title link is the menu/info.

TheMystery Dinner

• Really cheesy, but lots of fun
  • Technical crap here:
  • Attendance: 25

• 8 color changers

• 16 fresnels

• a couple of baby lekos

• Start up in Dizzy's where the show starts. There they ply you with champagne and canapés during the whole first act. The performances were all over the top. Being in theatre, I started to take performance notes which could have been misconstrued by the actors had they seen them (it was at the very beginning before I got into the whole spirit of the show)…and, of course, one of them plopped himself down next to me as part of the act to ask me what I was writing…sigh…dodged the bullet though because the show had to continue. Dean was pulled up on stage to do his Chippendale imitation
  • Moved to Portofino's for the rest of the show and dinner and MORE ALCOHOL.
  • The dinner options were limited to either the fabulous filet or the tiger shrimp. I had the beef, and I understand the shrimp were excellent as well. After a while, they stopped asking me if I wanted more wine and just automatically filled up my glass

• Tiramisu in a strange bowl constructed from nuts. Tiramisu was, as usual, yummy

• At the end, I was one of the three who had guessed the correct murderer although my solution was way more complex than theirs…too much Josephine Tey growing up.

Oooh, KarinaGW, sounds like fun!

Three questions:

1. How much did it cost to participate.

2. How do you sign up?

3. Is there a max # that can participate?

Oh, and onemore question:

4. Is the nut bowl extremely delicious?

:-)

1. It was $45/pp but, again, can you say free-flowing champagne,wine and yummy food and 3 hours of goofy entertainment

2. You sign up at Portofino's.

3. I would imagine there would be a max. It looked like we could have had a few more people beyond our 25, especially once we got into Portofino's

4. personally, I'm not much on nuts..I was very happy to see the Tiramisu back in its proper chocolate bowl later in the week. Dean ate both his and mine though so I guess it was good.

Archived