Fountain Club Soda Cards

lumofny

Does Carnival issue seperate cards, or do they just place a sticker on your key card, as other lines do? Do these seperate cards have your name on them? We're looking to save some $$$ and are wondering how easy it would be to "share" one card between the two of us... :)

I belive it's a seperate card, with your name on it. As far as sharing, I get one for myself and if my DH occasionally wants a Dr. Pepper I'll get him one. :D

Pretty neat trick considering there is no Dr. Pepper on Carnival.

I belive it's a seperate card, with your name on it. As far as sharing, I get one for myself and if my DH occasionally wants a Dr. Pepper I'll get him one. :D

Still in all regardless that's a pretty good trick there!

Sjohnson I still have a few more posts of ours to reply too! He He He! Haven't forgot ya friend!

:D

It's a separate card. DH and I get one for the both of us b/c he's not much of a soda drinker and I am. He prefers tea (which is free on board) but occasionally he wants a coke. We put it in his name as he is a wonderful husband and always gets my coke for me. :p

Phoey - we just got off the Star Princess and they just put a sticker on your sign & sail. We just put our finger over the name and used the one card for the four of us the whole cruise.

What drinnks does Carnival have for free - coffee, tea, ????

only one person can use the card-- the person that sells the card should write the name of the person and the date and ship on the back.

(sometimes they do not)

At dinner--only one person will be able to use that card.

Cards are only good for 1 glass at a time

Phoey - we just got off the Star Princess and they just put a sticker on your sign & sail. We just put our finger over the name and used the one card for the four of us the whole cruise.

What drinnks does Carnival have for free - coffee, tea, ????

Half the time they don't even look at the card...

Also we have witnessed people ordering and getting 2 cokes at a time at the pool bar.....

Just a tip.....if you use it....don't pull out your card before you order......half the time they will ignore you and take care of the people ordering alcohol first....

It's very easy to get drinks for someone other than the card holder. We had the card in my name, but used it for both my BF and myself. They never looked at the name on it. In fact, after a few days, at dinner and even some bars, they'd recognize us and what we wanted and have it for us without having to even get the card out. Our trick at dinner was that I used it first, and then passed it to my BF who used it and they never even looked at the name. After a day or two of that, we kept it put away. It's not like that's all we ordered though, so they were getting their money's worth with alcoholic drinks anyway.

Just a tip.....if you use it....don't pull out your card before you order......half the time they will ignore you and take care of the people ordering alcohol first....

This is so true!!!!!!

Wow 12 posts and no one telling you how horrible you are for sharing. :D We usually get a card for DD. Once or twice during the cruise I ask her to grab me a soda. If we're all together, I usually just buy one.

We have also shared the cards as my son drinks a lot of soda and I only occasionally, however on one trip we just bought bottled soda from little store on ship and put in our fridge they were no more expensive than our local gas stations.

We're looking to save some $$$ and are wondering how easy it would be to "share" one card between the two of us... :)

Hmmm, stirring the pot maybe?

Anyhow, It is a separate card, and I guess you could technically share the card if you are OK with that sort of thing. To each his own.

Happy Cruising,

-Mike

... and am now going to purchase one and eeek- share- with DH. I just wasn't sure how it actually worked.

We usually always order one soda and one ice water at meals on land anyways. And there's times when I put my smuggled Crystal Lite in the water. :D Call me cheap :eek: , call me breaking the rules :rolleyes: - but that's human nature......

Archived