Question about buying liquor on board Marnier

I have read where you can buy liquor on board and you are charged a $9.50 consumption charge. What are exactly the details ? I have read where the charge is per bottle and then I have read where the $9.50 charge is on your overall total. What brands do they carry? Thanks!

It is almost always per bottle, and no matter what, it will still come out cheaper than what you pay at home. Sometimes you get a clerk who doesn't know and charges it "per purchase" or they are running a special.

All major brands of liquor, and then some... But I have encountered a situation where we had a huge group of Japanese tourists on board and all the vodka was sold out the second day. But that would be pretty rare...

No wine or beer.

Harlow,

We were on the Explorer last Nov. and the $9.50 up charge was only charged once for 4 bottles. This was a special the first night only. There were four couples and we each bought a bottle and the cashier knew we were together and suggested that we put them on one bill to avoid each paying the up charge. Check it out the first night and see if the Mariner runs the same special. Have fun!!

Cindy ;)

Just got off the Mariner (Aug 1) and do not recall seeing Ketel 1. They have several different flavors of Absolute and I think I saw Finish (sp) Vodka.

If you are looking to take it home I found St Maarten to be much cheaper than the ship and St Thomas. As I recall a bottle (liter) of Absolut on the ship was 2 for $18.95 or $13.00 for one In St Thomas it was $9.95 a bottle one or two.

In St Maarten it was as low as $6.95 a bottle, I think a fifth. Even though it was about 20% less it cost 30% less.

Twelveohone: I agree, St. Martin has the best liquor prices hands down! I used to have friends in St. Thomas that I would visit all of the time, so I always assumed that they had the best prices until we went to St. Martin on the Pride a couple of years ago. We had actually already stocked up in St. Thomas since we were there first (and not knowing what great deals were in St.Martin) and we were amazed when we got there and saw the prices! Unfortuantely, we are doing the western caribbean on this trip so we wont be able to go to St. Martin. I love dirty Martini's, so I was looking to buy some good vodka on board so that we could have them on our balcony....we will bring our own olive juice:)

Archived