Lots of questions, help!

Lee_808

Hello everyone,

I will be sailing on the Holdiay on May 12th to Costa Maya, then Cozumel on a 5 day cruise. This will be my first cruise. I've been checking out all of the excursions that Carnival offers and the one that my party and I have decided on is the "Deluxe Sail, Snorkel, & Beach Party Combo? Anybody been on this excursion? If so, what did you think? Are there any particular excursions that you reccomend? Also, Another thing we are interested in is the scooters. I've been told that there are scooters/mopeds available but I can't find any information about that. Does anyone know if these are actually available and how much for how long? One more thing. I've been told that each person can bring one bottle of wine or champagne on the ship at the beginning of the cruise. . . . is this true? Feel free to throw in any extra pointers being that I'm doing my research ;) Thanks in advance for any help.

So excited and can't wait,

Miss Lee :p

I havent been, but I would recommend posting your question on the Port boards. We just came back from Costa Maya and Cozumel, the cruise Director didnt recommned renting mopeds/scooters, they are very dangerous. We rented a jeep and this is the way to go, very enjoyable. 82$ with tax and insurance, 0 deductible. A great way to see the island of Cosumel.

We did the shore excursion in Cozumel. It was really nice. First you went snorkling with the catamaran crew watching over for safety. Then you sailed to a private beach for swimming and relaxing. If I remember correctly both on the catamaran and on the beach, drinks were free including beer and rum punch. The catamaran was called the Fury. It was well worth the price.

I havent been, but I would recommend posting your question on the Port boards. We just came back from Costa Maya and Cozumel, the cruise Director didnt recommned renting mopeds/scooters, they are very dangerous. We rented a jeep and this is the way to go, very enjoyable. 82$ with tax and insurance, 0 deductible. A great way to see the island of Cosumel.

Thanks so much for your reply. Are the jeeps close to the port in Cozumel and do you have a guide or can you travel where you want at your own will? Also, we are a little curious about the ruins. We'd like to see some but from what I've read, it seems like the ruins are at least an hour away from the port.

I sailed the Holiday last May. If you're a beach person I would highly recommend taking a taxi to Paradise Beach. The cab cost about $13 dollars, and the beach admission is free! It's a very nice beach and you pay a small fee (can't remember the exact price) to use some snorkel equipment, floats, etc. We had a great, relaxing time and saved a lot of money! *This isn't a shore excursion through Carnival, you just get a cab when you get there and tell them where you want to go. If you have more questions about it, ask.

countdown.pl?name=tiffyms02&date=6-3-2007&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Carnival Liberty

We did the shore excursion in Cozumel. It was really nice. First you went snorkling with the catamaran crew watching over for safety. Then you sailed to a private beach for swimming and relaxing. If I remember correctly both on the catamaran and on the beach, drinks were free including beer and rum punch. The catamaran was called the Fury. It was well worth the price.

Thanks for the reply :o)

Hi Miss Lee! Thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have been to Cozumel several times and have gone shoping then to Paradise beach via taxi ride. After the hurricanes last year they have rebuilt quite a bit and shopping is easy. They definately cater to tourists at this port. Paradise beach has free admision as mentioned, they also have for a small fee ($10-$15) use of the water trampoline, water ice burg, sea kayaks and snorkeling gear. You can also arrange parasailing. They have on beach massage, and hairbraiding. The staff is great.

Costa Maya I have only been once and fell completely in love with this place , If I had $$ I would buy a lot of land and spend way to much time there. However, when we went we took the bus out of the touristy village area to Mahahual and walked down the sandy street till we found a spot to relax. It was a beautiful beach day. You can rent jet ski's or parasail, they have massage and side street shops.

Whatever you do have a great time:) I can't wait till I go back to Costa Maya, have fun there for me.

MAO

Hi the ruins in Conzumel are probably about an hour away and are not that interesting. Rather primitive if you have seen some of the more spectacular ruins on the mainland. Interesting if you are a buff of such things or are staying on the island and looking to combine a visit to the ruins with a drive around the island

Carnival has a pretty liberal view of fine wine on-board. Not only do they have a very large selection, but you can also bring aboard your own wine for enjoying in your cabin, or, if you pay the modest corkage fee, in the dining room. It's actually encouraged. Very very good prices on wine in the dining rooms, as well. Carnival President Bob Dickinson is a noted wine enthusiast. Enjoy!:)

Archived