A Different Passport Question

MemawB.

The Passport office advised us as to why our passports are being delayed in mailing reassuring us we would received them in time for our upcoming trip in eleven days.

Thank you. When I applied for our passports the Post Master who is a friend of mine, said you will only hear from them if a problem. I ask if there was a number where we could reach them. She said all corrospondes are done in writing. Hence my question

Thank you. When I applied for our passports the Post Master who is a friend of mine, said you will only hear from them if a problem. I ask if there was a number where we could reach them. She said all corrospondes are done in writing. Hence my question

We applied 2/9. Talked with the passport office on Monday, they were great, expediated our passports at their expense. This evening called and advised why ours are being held up. We understand, maybe all won't, but we do due to backgrounds. Anyway, they are helping and truly trying to help everyone that is traveling within the 14 day time frame. Hope this helps.

Circuit Court of Appeals, 2002 in what state? There are allot of Circuit Court of Appeals, 2002 in law that is awhile ago, many decisions may have come down since then. You need to be sure on law before you pass decisons as you need to research present law.

Okay, the NINTH Circuit, which is in the NINTH circuit.

Physically located, most of the time in San Francisco, though there are in fact Circuit judges who travel the whole Circuit - which is basically the Western US.

It is a Federal Court of Appeals, of which there are in fact only 11. The United States has jurisdiction over Passports. No State or Municipal Court would have anything to say about Passports. A Circuit Court ruling is generally (not always, but generally, for the inevitable nit pickers) considered binding on other circuits, unless and until the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT (which in the United States) rules on the matter, to resolve differences between the various circuits.

FORDHAM LAW, 1987.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

Okay, the NINTH Circuit, which is in the NINTH circuit.

Physically located, most of the time in San Francisco, though there are in fact Circuit judges who travel the whole Circuit - which is basically the Western US.

It is a Federal Court. The United States has jurisdiction over Passports. No State or Municipal Court would have anything to say about Passports.

FORDHAM LAW, 1987.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

You believe what you want. If, the local court and state do not tell the Feds, how do they know. You are the court expert it appears. However, you need to read what you wrote or quoted as it stated from your writing "Physically located, MOST of the time in San Francisco, THOUGH THERE ARE IN FACT CIRCUIT JUDGES WHO TRAVEL THE WHOLE CIRCUIT. Need to do further research for yourself. Fordham Law, 1987, need to update yourself as you appear to be a backyard lawyer who advises then people wonder why they have to pay large amounts of money to get themselves out of trouble from the backyard lawyer advise.

You are entirely missing the point. Yes, the States have to notify the passport office about deadbeat parents.

The reason they do, and the reason the Passport Office will honor such a request, is that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals made a ruling in 2002, that being a deadbeat parents was sufficient cause to suspend a passport application. Until that ruling, it was not a reason to suspend.

And, for the record, I am not now, nor have I ever been, admitted to the Bar in any State. I went from Law School to investment banking. Doesnt mean I cant read.

The child support thing is true. I know 2 people who can't get a passport b/c they owe more than $5k in back child support. They are both currently paying child support, but because they are behind (over $5k worth) no passport for them unless they can provide proof that the balance is less than $5k.

As for what all they check. I wonder what they are checking on my 6 month old daughter's passport. Not much to check for her.

Archived