Royal Caribean OVERLOAD>>>>HELP!

I have been scouring this website for months and I am suffering from an overload!! I just need some basic questions answered.

We (my sis and I) are trying to figure out which RC cruise is right for us. We can leave from any port in the US and we are taking our cruise in October, 2007.

Please give your suggestions, we want to book our cruise by Sunday.

Two single women 28 & 30.

Love to be kept busy (need diversity of activities throughout the day)

Sis like the rock climbing thing (do all of the RC ships have them?)

Would like a "newer" ship

Bars (clubs) great night life...we figured that we will meet single men

Great FOOD

Not alot of younguns

Please help! Or do you guys think that the Carnival cruiselines are more our speed?

I think you might want to look at the Freedom of the Seas. There is plenty to do rock climbing, flo rider, mini golf, ice skating etc. I have been on both Carnival and Royal and I like Royal much better. Plus you are going in October that is a good time to go because most kids will be in school. There will be some children but not as many as during the breaks and summer. Good luck with your search. :)

I agree! FOS or LOS would be a good option for you and your sis. The Voyager Class is also another great option if you like to save a little. Anywhere you go you will have fun! You seem like a fun sisters to hang out with!

Like the others here I highly reccommend Freedom of the Seas and her brand new sister Liberty of the Seas. Both leave from Miami.

Failing those, the next step down would include Mariner of the Seas which leaves from Port Canaveral. That is a great, great ship too.

All RCI ships have a rock climbing wall. The walls on Freedom and Liberty are bigger!

You are sailing in October so school will be keeping and there probably will be fewer kids on board, but I promise you there are always at least some kids on board.

Also you may find the prices are lower in October than later in the year because September/October are what is known as hurricance season when the fraidy cats wont book. So there are sometimes relative bargains to be had; check each week of the month you are going and see if there is any difference in fares from one week to the next.:) :)

Our next cruise will be on one of the Freedom class ships because we're bringing our young daughters; however, we LOVED the Mariner of the Seas (Voyager class) and HIGHLY recommend her! :D She looked really good, but will be updated from her dry docking by the time you cruise. This means new bedding! Also, there are TONS of things to do - or do nothing at all - and is comprable to the Freedom class in many ways (the Freedom is larger and has a few more activities, but the layout is very similar).

Have fun deciding... and let us know! :)

Archived