choices, choices

hokiebabe

We are pretty new to cruising (I went on a four day cruise in 98, my husband is first time) and we have a choice between two pretty good deals but they offer different perks (We like all the ports offered). Which would you choose?

Choice 1: Carnival Miracle - 8 days with 3 port days and four sea days - obstructed balcony - great deal, extended balcony - $150 more. I am worried that we would be bored with four sea days and that the ship will feel crowded

Choice 2: Carnival Liberty - 8 days with only 1.5 sea days and the rest in ports. Balcony - $150 more than the extended balcony on the other trip. This is a huge ship with 1300 peoply more than the Miracle. Once again I am worried about feeling crowded but we are in port more so it may not be an issue.

They each have their pros and cons and we have to decide by this weekend. We don't know what to choose!:confused:

It seems like everyone on these boards is so knowledgeable, we would welcome any input you guys might have.

Christy

Have not sailed the Liberty, but I have sailed the Miracle 7-day Western Itinerary (3 sea days and 4 port days).

The Miracle is a great ship, and doesn't feel crowded at all. We enjoyed the sea days, and there is so much going on that we never got bored. Port days are a lot of fun, too, but you get pretty tired getting up early to get the most out of your port time.

Personally, I think I would choose the Miracle, because only 1.5 sea days out of 8 days of cruising sounds pretty hectic on the Liberty.

Either of these ships will be great, though, and you'll have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy! :)

What your options are (as far as shopping, beaches, excursions, etc.) in each of the ports on both ships. No sense in going to ports where nothing really interests you at all.

And another thing, a LOT of people who haven't had many "sea days" say they're afraid they're going to be bored...but from everything I've heard and read, the majority of the time, it just doesn't end up being true. I didn't know if I'd like the sea days much, but I like them almost as much as the port days. There is something going on all the time, for almost every interest.

We went on the Valor, a sister ship of the Liberty, and didn't feel crowded at ALL. I don't think you need to worry about that at all on either ship.

Good luck!

I prefer the at-sea time to the port time.

I would check out what they mean by "obstructed view." We had an obstructed view on the Spirit and it prevented us from looking DOWN at the ocean, however while sitting on the balcony, having a drink and watching the ocean, scenery, sunset, etc, there were no obstructions at all.

There are also obstructed views with a tender parked outside your window.

The Liberty was a great ship and I've read wonderful things about the Miracle.

For us, it would come down to this: do we want more sea days or more port days? I'm fine on sea days; love just relaxing in the sun with a book and a drink. But I can do the ports everyday too. DH would much rather be in a different port everyday. So, we would go with the more intensive port schedule (which is what we are doing next year).

Only you can decide for yourself which suits you best.

you do know we have a CC'er door Dec sign that you can print off and put on your cabin door?..also do another one to reflect why you're there, b'day, Anniv..cuz...lot of fun for the family or thr lady of the house to do. Mine are packed for their 8th cruise in 7 months. You will learn to love all of us here!

Archived