Ok one last question for today: Pier upgrades

If you buy the upgrade, you will get the credit. If you are given an upgrade--good question!!!! I know you get the "suite" benefits if you are given an upgrade, but I'm not sure about C&A credits!

Don't count on an upgrade, tho!

If you are upgraded at the port into a suite, do you get the extra C&A credit or does it go by what you were originally booked?

Is this a question about a past cruise or a future cruise?

If it is a future cruise, my advice is - if you REALLY want a suite - to pay for the upgrade to the suite BEFORE you go. There are relatively few suites (as a percentage of cabins on the ship) and they tend to sell out far in advance of sailing. You would be INCREDIBLY lucky to get an upgrade to a suite at the port - it does happen, but it is rare...

Boo

Sorry I was not clear. I was thinking of buying an upgrade if available at the port. I am not counting on getting the suite otherwise I would have paid for it. I am certainly not counting on getting it for free.

I was just thinking if as we are in a D1 and had the opportunity to upgrade to a Suite for a free at the port, would we be given the bonus Suite C&A credit if we had paid the higher price when we first booked?

Sorry I was not clear. I was thinking of buying an upgrade if available at the port. I am not counting on getting the suite otherwise I would have paid for it. I am certainly not counting on getting it for free.

I was just thinking if as we are in a D1 and had the opportunity to upgrade to a Suite for a free at the port, would we be given the bonus Suite C&A credit if we had paid the higher price when we first booked?

So you are not counting on getting a suite and certainly not counting on getting a suite for free. But if miraculously you did get offered a suite for free... ;).

I wouldn't worry... if you were offered a suite for free, take it and sort the C&A credits out later ;)

Boo

Does anybody know if you request an upgrade at the pier and there is availabilty, do you get it any cheaper than If you had booked it in advance? Thanks

Recently, the ships have been sailing full, so upgrades have not been available. If, by chance, they do have any upgrades available, you will pay the going price. The days of minimal priced upgrades are long gone.

Thank you, Im sure I'll be fine, never cruised before and thought I had booked an Ocean View with balcony - Oops, no balcony. I get very claustrophobic so an inside cabin was out, hopefully the window will be fine for me.

Recently, the ships have been sailing full, so upgrades have not been available. If, by chance, they do have any upgrades available, you will pay the going price. The days of minimal priced upgrades are long gone.

Hmm. Though they have been sailing near full, I have still seen reports of people buying upgrades at the pier for substantially less than the going rate.

For now we will use the $2200 difference between the D1 and JS to plan our Hawaii excursions. If we ask and it is available at the pier for less than that at the time of sailing, of course we will grab it.

Now to figure out how the heck I am going to pack for a 15 day vacation with no laundry facilities on board.

If you are upgraded at the port into a suite, do you get the extra C&A credit or does it go by what you were originally booked?

Thank you sooooo much for this post. It got me thinking. We were booked in a D1 on the Enchantment and after reading your post, I checked the RCI site to see what it would cost to upgrade to a JS. $260 and the only JS available was 8670 -- an aft cabin.

Now I'm even more excited about my cruise than I was before!

Again -- thank you, thank you, thank you!

Linda

Archived