Tanning question

linswi

The salon I used to tan at had standup beds that I loved, but unfortunately I can't go there anymore and the new salon has only regular beds. I used one and did not get any color on my sides.. very noticeable.

Are there any tips on how to make sure that I don't get that white stripe down my sides? And also to tan evenly on the rest of me? Should I just lay flat or should I bend my legs, lay crooked? lol.. My mom says she was always worried about having a white area under her tooshy.

I hope these questions don't sound silly. And please.. no lectures on the danger of tanning. Thanks!

I use tanning beds all the time before traveling. My beds do not leave me with white strips on the side but they do leave me with white lines under by butt. I have tried bending my knees but no luck. My friend does not use tanning beds and she says she still gets the white lines...it's the butt hanging over or covering that part...and she is very thin. Anyway...try laying on your side then on the other side...equal time. I personally never have used stand up beds and never had a problem. Do they have bigger beds. I know the place I go has different "levels" of beds...the cheapest ones are the smallest ones. Maybe alternate beds? Maybe try to find another tanning place? Good Luck!

They do have different size beds, but not realizing I may have this problem and since I was just trying to build a base tan before my cruise, I already bought an unlimited package for the smaller bed. Maybe it will all just even itself out.

Hello,

I tan on lay down beds and what I find the best is to move around a lot. I split the time up so for so many minutes have ur arms up and then have them down and then lay on your side. I would bending your legs helps with the white but also bigger beds that close around u completely when you do that are better. If you want you could also lay on ur stomach and tan the back of ur legs that way, but id put a towel or something under my face then.

Hope that helps.

I had the white lines under my butt too and I'm pretty thin, lol. I tried to move around alot, but I still had the white lines too. I have no butt whatsoever so I don't know how any skin could have gotten in the way. But I guess when your butt is pressed up against plexiglass, there will be a fold. :D

Where I live I go to a salon called Tan One, they have many different types of beds, I like the Solarwind it is larger and has a curved top that helped with getting your sides, I love it, it works great, it also has the facial tanner.

I used to work in a tanning salon. Try laying on your sides for part of the time. that usually will help. As for your upper thighs, I have known clients who would sit on the edge of the bed for the last 5 minutes and they said that it helped doing it that way. Happy tanning!:)

yup definately move around

The first 7 mins I do the arms behind my head then the next 7 or 8 mins I keep them at my side. I also twist alot in these positions(if arms behind head I keep knees bent, when my arms are straight so are my legs). The last 5 mins,as suggested, sit on the edge of the bed to get the under rear area. Remember keep your neck high so you dont get lines in that area.

I switch between a bed and booth but I know you cant. YOu get better color with a bed but the booth helps to even out the spots you miss.

You can also do a self tanner like neutrogena (my personal fave)to get the missed spots

I don't really have a whole lot of time to keep changing positions, lol. I go to an Express Tan salon and it's a 12 minute bed. The longest I've stayed in was 6 minutes. I just kind of wiggle around a little every minute or so. The bed has the lights on the sides so I get a pretty even tan...except for that butt thing. :rolleyes:

I don't really have a whole lot of time to keep changing positions, lol. I go to an Express Tan salon and it's a 12 minute bed. The longest I've stayed in was 6 minutes. I just kind of wiggle around a little every minute or so. The bed has the lights on the sides so I get a pretty even tan...except for that butt thing. :rolleyes:

For the "butt thing".... roll up a small towel and put it under the small of your back. It'll "lift" everything where it should be. :)

To the OP: When I used to tan, let's say I'd go 10 minutes. I'd spend 4 on my back, 4 lying face down (my salon has a foam "face pillow", it's actually comfortable), and 2 on each side. I never had any white stripes that I knew of anyhow! ;)

Archived