Helicopter tours....

SusanMelody

As far as I am aware there is only one helicopter tour company http://www.arubahelitours.com/ Aruba Heli Tours. They come to us highly recommended so we plan on taking the island tour with them in December. They also offer a shorter, less expensive "beach tour".

There are seom terrific photos posted at

http://community.webshots.com/album/552502427gCVzdt and

http://picasaweb.google.com/dreamingwithyou/ArubaHelicopterTour2007

• 1 year later...

The following is from my review of our trip last month:

"Dh and I always wanted to take the helicopter tour, but had a tough time justifying the expense. This year we decide to bite the bullet and in lieu of exchanging gifts for our wedding anniversary, do the helicopter tour instead. Thursday morning was our helicopter tour of the island. There is only one operator on the island, Aruba Heli Tours. We decided to reserve the first tour of the day at 10 a.m. in order to have the rest of the day at the beach.

Christian was our pilot and tour guide. We felt it was well worth the extra money for the island tour versus the beach tour. The island tour begins at the helipad at the marina in Oranjestad. We headed north and saw Druif, Eagle, Palm Beach, Malmok, Arashi and beyond. We out over the wreck of the Antilla for a very unique view. From there it was on around the lighthouse and Tierra del Sol Country Club with all of it's palatial homes, flying along the northeast coast all the way up to the Aruba Drag Raceway Park. The tour was well worth the money even if only a once in a lifetime experience.

Christian then took us back towards the west coast with a view of the refinery, heading back northward over the barrier islands towards to Oranjestad over Savaneta and past the airport, finally land back in Oranjestad. The color of the water during this portion of the flight was just as breathtaking as it is over Palm Beach.

Through 17 visits to Aruba, this ranks in the top 3 excursions we have taken. The other 2 being Tranquilo and the Kini Kini ATV tour."

Palm Beach as viewed by helicopter

palm_beacha.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We just did the beach tour last week and must say this is one of the highlights of our cruise. It was 15-18 minutes and took us over the entire east end of the island along the coast. We were able to see the lighthouse, shipwrecks and the best beaches on the island. I personally do not believe it would've been worth the extra money to do the whole island tour as we seen the best the island has to offer. Not to mention it gets pretty hot in the helicopter with the big foam padded earphones that you wear. The helipad is a short walk from the ship therefore no extra expense of taking a taxi is necessary.

I give this tour/company a big thumbs up!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived