Emerald Princess Nov 6, 2007 Eastern Caribbean

mhugcat

Hi

My b/f and I are on the 10 night Eastern Caribbean from FLL. We are flying from UK to Orlando the day before, then driving to FLL and will stay overnight in FLL.

We have never been to FLL and was wondering if anyone could say if it's relatively easy getting to the ships terminal to embark.

We will need to drop our rental car off and not sure whether to do this at the airport and get a taxi or if there are any rental companys near the terminal.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

:)

Hi

My b/f and I are on the 10 night Eastern Caribbean from FLL. We are flying from UK to Orlando the day before, then driving to FLL and will stay overnight in FLL.

We have never been to FLL and was wondering if anyone could say if it's relatively easy getting to the ships terminal to embark.

We will need to drop our rental car off and not sure whether to do this at the airport and get a taxi or if there are any rental companys near the terminal.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

:)

Check out the East Coast Departures area on Cruise Critic. You will find lots of info on rental cars.:)

mollyanne:)

Budget has an outlet right across the street from the port. They also provided free shuttle to the cruiseport and were great to deal with. They did not charge us an extra fee for returning the car to a different outlet than it was rented at originally however we did pick it up from the airport so that may just be an airport/cruiseport deal due to the fact they are so close together.

Here's the link for your voyage's roll call. I'm sure your fellow passengers will have plenty of suggestions about rental cars and getting to the port.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=460084

DH and I have to wait until February 4, 2008 to sail on the Emerald Princess :( .

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived