Safes in Cabins and Ice Machines

travgurl

Questions??? Do you feel the safes in the cabins are secure? Where are ice machines located on a ship? How do you carry stuff on excursions, like money etc? What identifications do I need to carry ashore?

Safes are safe. I had one that would not open once and it took them almost an hour to go through the peocess to get into it.

Never saw an ice machine!

I have a small back pack and a waterproof case I got at a local sporting goods store.

Take photo ID and your Sign and Sail card.

Ice will be provided by your room steward.

If your excursion is a water one (beach, snorkle, catamaran, etc.) the water wallet will come in handy.

You will need to take your photo ID and ship card ashore with you. We take our passports, others do not. There are a number of threads regarding the "passports ashore" topic. You'll have to make your own decision on that one.

Charlie

I also take my passport, along with my S&S card. At the least, take the S&S card and your photo ID. In MX, for instance, the MX officials want to see both the S&S card and your photo ID before allowing you back on the ship.

The cabin steward will fill your ice bucket twice a day. If you need more while he's off duty (approx. noon-5pm), you can call room service...but it's nice to tip them $1.

There are several ice machines on each passenger deck of the ship, most in closets. Ask your steward where they are. I never mind getting my own ice if the steward's not available.:)

I also take my passport, along with my S&S card. At the least, take the S&S card and your photo ID. In MX, for instance, the MX officials want to see both the S&S card and your photo ID before allowing you back on the ship.

The cabin steward will fill your ice bucket twice a day. If you need more while he's off duty (approx. noon-5pm), you can call room service...but it's nice to tip them $1.

There are several ice machines on each passenger deck of the ship, most in closets. Ask your steward where they are. I never mind getting my own ice if the steward's not available.:)

cotton -- do they really let you do that? that's good to know. hate to page a steward when he's off duty, just to get a bucket of ice that i cld get myself a couple of doors down.

We require LOTS of ice cause we bring our own tall glasses and fill with water or coke that we drink all day..the room stewards used to just show DH where the ice machines were but now (Iguess for sanitation reasons) they won't let you self-serve the ice. They will bring it twice a day and in between times there is usually ice in a cooler that they have on their carts in the halls. The past three cruises we've just been able to catch them in the halls while they were cleaning other cabins and ask for refills.

We've never had trouble with the safes...just use your DL if it has a magnetic strip..not a credit card...

We have small wallets for on shore that hold a the sign and sail card and a couple other cards plus some cash..

cotton -- do they really let you do that? that's good to know. hate to page a steward when he's off duty, just to get a bucket of ice that i cld get myself a couple of doors down.

Yep, I've located and utilized the ice machines on each cruise.:)

Archived