Getting onboard credit

mom2NnB

I've tried searching, but I remember reading once on here that instead of ordering the coupons or funship dollars, to go to the order form and put in "credit" somewhere on the order form to add money to your S & S account. Anyone remember this post or know how exactly to do it?

Was thinking of doing this so I do not have to buy Travelers checks and I can have the $$ already on board. But can it then be divided between cards? ($100.00 to DD card, $100.00 to DS & remainder to DH or I) Is it just easier to carry Travelers checks and cash onboard? We are driving to NYC before the cruise then flying in the day before cruise, too many chances to loose the checks. Figure onboard credit would work better if possible.

TIA

I've tried searching, but I remember reading once on here that instead of ordering the coupons or funship dollars, to go to the order form and put in "credit" somewhere on the order form to add money to your S & S account. Anyone remember this post or know how exactly to do it?

Was thinking of doing this so I do not have to buy Travelers checks and I can have the $$ already on board. But can it then be divided between cards? ($100.00 to DD card, $100.00 to DS & remainder to DH or I) Is it just easier to carry Travelers checks and cash onboard? We are driving to NYC before the cruise then flying in the day before cruise, too many chances to loose the checks. Figure onboard credit would work better if possible.

TIA

This is what I found when doing a search

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=527320&highlight=funship+dollars

i do this each week (a little from each paycheck and it really adds up). i just go to carnival.com, click on "gifts" at the top of the screen, then select gift certificates on the left hand side of the screen. choose the amount you would like to add (i think they come in $25, $50, $100 and $500 increments). put in your name and where it asks for your address: line #1 i put my booking number and address line #2 i type in "USE AS ON BOARD CREDIT". you will get a confirmation email right away for your order and within 24 hours you will get another email from carnival saying that the amount has been applied as OBC to your account. hope this helps :D

I knew I saw it somewhere on here.

Can it then be applied to each card or is it all on 1 card?

I will bring checks to cash for ports, just didnt want to carry $1,000.00 in checks for 3 days before cruise.

Yay!!!! I love these boards!!

i do this each week (a little from each paycheck and it really adds up). i just go to carnival.com, click on "gifts" at the top of the screen, then select gift certificates on the left hand side of the screen. choose the amount you would like to add (i think they come in $25, $50, $100 and $500 increments). put in your name and where it asks for your address: line #1 i put my booking number and address line #2 i type in "USE AS ON BOARD CREDIT". you will get a confirmation email right away for your order and within 24 hours you will get another email from carnival saying that the amount has been applied as OBC to your account. hope this helps :D

I've been trying this for 3 days now. Is it my computer, or Carnival's website? I get everything filled in and try to go to the next page and get..."this page is not available now"! :confused: Sometimes, I can't even get to Carnival's Main page.:mad:

[quote=mom2NnB

Can it then be applied to each card or is it all on 1 card?

You can put it all on your booking# When you check in you can have them link all cards to togther for charges. We had two cabins with our kids. We just did this last week.

LAKEDAD: All cards will be with the same booking number - kids are 6 & 11, but can I limit how much is applied to theirs? Don't want DS to have all his money at once. Can I just apply the $50.00 to DS's and the rest stays in our account till ready to move it to his if needed?

I wanted to do this for my daughter's birthday present (which she requested). I have tried THREE times; I get through all of the amounts, Name, Address, etc.; go to the next page......"this page is not available"!:confused:

I would really like to do it for other members of my family who are cruising, but I am, REALLY, getting frustrated.:mad:

I wanted to do this for my daughter's birthday present (which she requested). I have tried THREE times; I get through all of the amounts, Name, Address, etc.; go to the next page......"this page is not available"!:confused:

I would really like to do it for other members of my family who are cruising, but I am, REALLY, getting frustrated.:mad:

Just call the 800 nubmer and they can do it over the phone. The website lately has been very irritating! You have to clean your computer cookies then you should be good to go

can anyone tell me if i over do it on the credit when its time to leave will i get it back?

Yep! The normally slip a check under the door your last night onboard and it can be cashed at the pursers desk the morning you leave.

Archived