Anyone have any thoughts on wearing Jeans

CruisinShips

Hey!!! I bet you look awesome in them!!!! ANyway I say hijack....this topic is boring.

I'm jumping out of another airplane tomorrow!!!!

Naw, I refuse to shave my legs. My wife won't let me use her razor.:eek:

You will be wearing a parachute I hope.:p :D

Seems very clear if you read. This is straight from the Carnival site. It tells you what they consider formal wear and what they consider resort casual wear.

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Call Carnival to ask them, as others have done. They will tell you jeans are acceptable. Ask a maitre'd, as others have done, and they will tell you they are acceptable. If they weren't, they would SAY jeans aren't acceptable, as they do shorts and bathing suits...particularly since SO MANY people wear them on every cruise, every day except for formal nights.

For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly

I happen to think when I wear my nice designer jeans and an expensive button down shirt, I am more dressed up (and more fashionable) than someone in a polo shirt and dockers. But I would never be so presumptuous as to pass judgement on, or to try to tell someone else how to dress.

I happen to think when I wear my nice designer jeans and an expensive button down shirt, I am more dressed up (and more fashionable) than someone in a polo shirt and dockers. But I would never be so presumptuous as to pass judgement on, or to try to tell someone else how to dress.

If people don't want to be told how to dress then they need to stop asking questions about how they should dress. :confused:

Sorry, I stand by my statement. Why is it such a bad thing to expect that other people will follow rules, and to label someone as selfish for thinking so?

Because "no jeans" is CLEARLY not a rule. Ask the Maitre'D on your next cruise, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you.

Seems very clear if you read. This is straight from the Carnival site. It tells you what they consider formal wear and what they consider resort casual wear.

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

This is where I have the problem with the whole formal thingy. Tuxedo; definitely. Suit and tie; iffy at best. Sport coat, tie and slacks; not formal attire. Evening gown; definitely. Cocktail dress; maybe. Pantsuit; not formal attire. Carnival itself has shot the whole notion of what is formal all to hell, so is it any wonder that the pax are in a state of confusion, bewilderment, denial, apathy and mutiny. Perhaps if they changed the name from formal night to dressy night it would better fit their own definition that they have published. Then you throw in the singing and dancing wait staff............

Futaba, I agree. The formal night guidelines suggest a suit coat and tie, HOWEVER, what you will see, what they allow, and what MOST men do is to skip the suitcoat.

There can be 40 people on this thread who say "you must wear a suitcoat", but when the OP gets on her cruise, and sees the LACK of them, what do you think is going to happen on her next cruise???

Same with jeans, we can say over and over "not allowed", but when she sees more and more of them in the DR, she'll most likely pack them next time.

Futaba, I agree. The formal night guidelines suggest a suit coat and tie, HOWEVER, what you will see, what they allow, and what MOST men do is to skip the suitcoat.

There can be 40 people on this thread who say "you must wear a suitcoat", but when the OP gets on her cruise, and sees the LACK of them, what do you think is going to happen on her next cruise???

The dumbing down of America will continue? ;)

The dumbing down of America will continue? ;)

If that's what you want to call it....LOL

My point is, we can stress the dress code here on this site for months on end, but what's actually DONE on the ship is a whole 'nother ball game. I wear dresses, hubby wears dockers on non formal nights, suitcoat on formal nights, NEITHER of us ever wears jeans, but I'm tellin ya, we're starting to feel OVERDRESSED.

If that's what you want to call it....LOL

My point is, we can stress the dress code here on this site for months on end, but what's actually DONE on the ship is a whole 'nother ball game. I wear dresses, hubby wears dockers on non formal nights, suitcoat on formal nights, NEITHER of us ever wears jeans, but I'm tellin ya, we're starting to feel OVERDRESSED.

Yep, that's what I call it (she says as she sits here in her jeans). ;)

The jeans look so nice that the nay sayers don't think they are jeans LOL!

This is the part that confuses me the most, and I don't direct this at you Kurban: If no one can tell they are jeans, why don't people just wear them and not create this debate? If a pair of jeans falls in the woods and no one is there to hear them..... KWIM?

This is the part that confuses me the most, and I don't direct this at you Kurban: If no one can tell they are jeans, why don't people just wear them and not create this debate? If a pair of jeans falls in the woods and no one is there to hear them..... KWIM?

They do:) Just want to let the newbies know the truth:D

This is where I have the problem with the whole formal thingy. Tuxedo; definitely. Suit and tie; iffy at best. Sport coat, tie and slacks; not formal attire. Evening gown; definitely. Cocktail dress; maybe. Pantsuit; not formal attire. Carnival itself has shot the whole notion of what is formal all to hell, so is it any wonder that the pax are in a state of confusion, bewilderment, denial, apathy and mutiny. Perhaps if they changed the name from formal night to dressy night it would better fit their own definition that they have published. Then you throw in the singing and dancing wait staff............

Carnival is saying what they consider to be those things on their ships. No need to be in denial.......Carnival has said what they consider to be formal and casual resort wear and they have asked you to follow their guideline or eat on the Lido......basic and very simple.

Just wear jeans whenever you want to. Don't listen to people who say not too. It's obvious Carnival doesn't care. They really need to just change there crazy dining dress rules and allow people to dress casual in jeans, shorts or whatever. Obviously not bathing suits or bare feet, but shorts and jeans are fine. And people wear those to the dining rooms anyways, so y do we keep talking about this stupid subject I ask? :confused:

Carnival is saying what they consider to be those things on their ships. No need to be in denial.......Carnival has said what they consider to be formal and casual resort wear and they have asked you to follow their guideline or eat on the Lido......basic and very simple.

Why is it so hard for folks to understand what I write? Is it coming out in Chinese characters on your end? I'm not debating whether or not to dress for formal night. I'm saying that Carnivals list of formal wear is not all formal. Why call it formal when they give you a list of non formal attire that you can wear? ( They made the list, not me.) A sport coat and a pantsuit is not formal. Sorry, no matter how you cut the cheese it will never be formal wear. It may be church homecoming dinner at the Clam Shack wear, but it is not formal. They either need to make it truly formal or change the name to reflect what it is. Let me make this simple for you lest you are still confused; I am all for making the dress code even stricter, or change the name to reflect the more relaxed code.

Archived