Ladies, money from moneybelt or bra??

aprildream

How does one discreetly remove money or credit card from a money belt under ones clothes or even worse, from your bra, when in a store? I will be spending some time in England and the Baltics and have a nice black silk money belt that you wear under your shirt or under the top of pants with the strap at the waist. I also know some keep valuables pinned inside their bra. It seems a little awkward if you need something out of it. Do you just say excuse and turn away for a minute? I'm too old to be a flasher and I will be alone so can't have another hold the money. I will keep a little money for tips in my purse but who knows when I may need more. :confused:

I was told to keep the money you think you are going to spend for the day. Or I suppose you could go to the ladies room to remove some out of sight.

I quit wearing a money belt when on one trip to Europe the airline security gal thought I looked a little bulky, grabbed at my waist and in a loud loud voice asked "What is this?" I tried to answer quietly that it was my money belt, she then responded in just as a loud a voice as she could "Oh, it's your money belt?" I told her thanks for letting everyone in the airport know I had on a money belt.

So now I just find many different places to stash the money. Wallet, passport holder, carry on, jewelry case, etc. I spead it around, so if someone grabs one thing, they don't get all my cash.

Not to offend anyone, but I personally wouldn't like to handle cash or credit cards that a woman pulled out of her bra. I just use a shoulder bag that has a zipper with a clasp over it, and keep it close to the front of my body. I carry very little cash, and only one credit card (keep everything else in the ship's safe).

Not to offend anyone, but I personally wouldn't like to handle cash or credit cards that a woman pulled out of her bra. I just use a shoulder bag that has a zipper with a clasp over it, and keep it close to the front of my body. I carry very little cash, and only one credit card (keep everything else in the ship's safe).

Money has more germs than anything. You never know where it has

been or who has had it. I would be more concerned putting the germy money in my bra in the first place. It's always a good idea to wash your hands after handling money or use one of those little sanitizers. It sounds uncomfortable to me though so I wouldn't do it anyway. I know some who put it in a little cloth bag and then tuck it in. :rolleyes:

I just use a shoulder bag that has a zipper with a clasp over it, and keep it close to the front of my body. I carry very little cash, and only one credit card (keep everything else in the ship's safe).

This is exactly what I do, too! My day bag has a zipper, with a fold-over flap that has a clasp. So, it would be VERY CHALLENGING, and nearly impossible to steal it from me unless you had a pair of scissors and cut the strap and ran away with it...but then I would chase you down and you'd have H**L to pay for that. No one would want to deal with me under those circumstances.

I tried the money belt in Europe, but it got sweaty and gross and made my waist area look silly and goofy. So, I leave the money belt to my husband while I carry the day bag with only that day's money.

Archived