PACIFIC IN WINTER MONTHS? Rough?

lulybellsea

We are able to cruise during the months of October through February. Royal Caribbean doesn't offer Hawaii cruises during these months. One of the agents said that the Pacific can be extremely rough during the winter. However, I noticed that Princess does offer cruises from the West Coast in Oct., Nov., Dec, Jan, Feb, etc. I'd like to hear from those of you that have cruised the Pacific during those months. Thanks!

We've cruised Ensenada to Hawaii twice in November, one was rough and cool temps, the second was perfect, smooth seas and warm days and nights. Crusied once from Hawaii to Ensenada and not all that rough but temps were cool after leaving the Islands. As always with Mother Nature, nothing is guaranteed.

We cruised from San Diego R/T in early November and it was very rough! As in White Caps on the pools. Several days both going and coming the pools were drained. It was so rough, windy, and cold that we couldn't get out on deck. The islands were wonderful. We just had friends come back from the same cruise (late Feb/early March) and they had wonderful weather, so guess it is a roll of the dice any time you do it.

Steve and Karen,

We've done that trip twice on the Infinity sailings and had no problem. Bus trip was about 2 hours if I remember correctly, recommend sitting on the right hand side if at all possible as this will be the side along the shore. We're going again this November on the Mercury. I know there are a lot of complaints about going the other way, from Ensenada to San Diego with the border crossing causing most of the grief. Going south, it's just a brief stop as checked luggage is stored in the compartments under the bus and then they are sealed. You don't even get off the bus until you're in Ensenada.

Archived