Email and dining on the QE II

austinguy

My wife and I are sailing on the northern delights week-long cruise on May 22.

What is the situation for email on the QE II?

And we're booked in a Q4 cabin and understand that means the Queens Grill. But the folks on this board seem partial to the Princess and Britannia Grills. Should we try to change our table to one of those grills?

We're new to Cunard and have no experience on this line or this ship.

We could benefit from your experiences.

Thanks.

To send e mail you have to go to the computer learning centre and to avoid heavy charges write your message offline in Word then copy paste on line into the e mail package. Costs $0.95 per minute. You need to add your name and cabin number so that incoming mail to you can be delivered to your cabin as hard copy.
David.

Hello Austinguy,

You will not regret your Q4 booking as having dined in the Q's Grill for 2 short QE2 cruises, it is excellent cuisine / service & most definitely in a league of its own. Having said this I have met people onboard who have said that the Princess / Britannia Grills are just as good and more intimate & less 'stuffy' than the QG - you also still have access to the Q's Grill Lounge. Having said this my grandparents did 40+ cruises on QE2 and 90% of which were Queens Grill (in Q3 grade cabins - former 'B' grade before Carnival takeover) and never had a bad trip! (this was before Carnival bought Cunard though - from 1969 - 1991). Having seen the type of cabins though in Q4 & Q3 grade they are very spacious (much more than P grade) (esp. Q3) & of course the dining arrangements are 2nd to none esp. being able to order off menu! - it is reputed to be the best Rest's afloat! Interestingly I am trying the Princess Grill on an October cruise later this year - I will let you know my impressions upon my return. Also, there is a very quick embarkation booking any Grill class cabin - I booked Caronia class last April for a crossing & took 2 hours to board as opposed to 15 mins in QG grade cabin in Dec'02!

Kind Rgs

RJMS74

Archived