cruising in june....sunscreen question

wags111

Every cruise, I slop the 30 - 45+SPF on, while wife puts on the oils.

I always come back darker than her, and she bitches about it.

But I can tell, you she will do the same thing this year. :rolleyes:

I used it on my pale as a ghost children last summer and it worked great. No more trying to get a squirming child to hold still while you grease them up. I'm taking at least two cans on our Liberty cruise in May. I may never use the lotion again!

We are very fair skinned. DD used it last summer and got a sunburn even though she used it. If you can find coppertone spectra, it is the best cream/lotion I have ever used. Years ago we put it on our 6 month old and went to theme park for 5 hours in the summer. She didn't even turn pink, it was great!

Guest YesitDonna

the spray is good but the only drawback I found is you use more because the spray mist goes in more places then just on YOU lol Also be careful where you are spray as I was sprayed by the person next to me and i didn't really need a second coat LOL :eek:

My VERY WHITE DH & DS use it and it seems to work well. They tend to go thru almost a bottle each time they both spray, though. But, they're 5'10 & 6' & cover their heads & every inch, so I guess it's not too bad. I buy it at Sam's & Costco in 2 pks for about $11.xx. For 7 Days I'll probably take along about 10 bottles & still have to buy more :eek:

Oil???? :eek: Yeah even I'm not that crazy...lol. ;) :p

Tanning oil, not vegetable oil. lol Just in case you thought she was completely nuts! :p But yeah, she puts on that tanning oil and gets SO dark. Makes me look whiter, but what the heck. I'm still having fun!

CruisinMama-

What's "I love Henry"? Just curious. Also, I just want to say that you seem like a totally cool mom and the pics you posted of you and you girls a week or two ago (formal pic) was super cute. You have a great looking family!

Happy Cruising!

CruisinMama-

What's "I love Henry"? Just curious. Also, I just want to say that you seem like a totally cool mom and the pics you posted of you and you girls a week or two ago (formal pic) was super cute. You have a great looking family!

Happy Cruising!

"Henry" is the vacuum cleaner used on Royal Carribean ships. He looks like a little dude. You will see him in many avatars because of this thread in the floataway lounge...I've put Henry in all kinds of different situations.

henryblue2.jpg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=382773

Cool, thanks CruisinMama! I'll have to look for Henry in 70 days when I get on the Liberty!

Happy Cruising!

Liberty of the Seas? Yes you will have to look for him and be the first to spot him. :D We of course have no confirmation if he'll be there or not...but he has been seen on the Freedom of the Seas

CruisinMama-

Ooops, I meant Carnival Liberty. I think I am supposed to look for his knock-off relatives, right? I was trying to read through the thread in the Floataway lounge about him. He's very handsome....I might be developing a crush, but don't tell my hubby. :D Hubby and I are celebrating our 10yr anniversary on the Liberty this summer and I would hate for hubby to feel as though I was cheating on him on our anniversary cruise. hehehehe

Is it coppertone that has the white can with blue lettering? I used that for my last cruise, I hated it. It felt "hard" on my skin and it smelled like cheap hairspray.

Nope, Coppertone is a blue can with white writing and a yellow & orange swish...like this:

coppertone.jpg

I never had a problem with it feeling hard and I always smelled like I was at the beach. :)

Archived