When is the best time to upgrade on Ecstasy?

yoemen1988

We have booked an Ocenview room for a cruise on the Ecstasy in October. I would really like to upgrade to a suite since we are celebrating our 10th ann. and my husband's successfull liver transplant. I called today and it would cost an additional $500 per person. Is there anytime when the rate may go down or is this the best I can expect? If so, is a suite worth an extra $1000? Any info would be appreciated.

Yes Yes Yes. Just got of the Ecstasy,stayed in a cat 12 suite, it was great. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary, and enjoyed every minute. This was our 5th cruise in 18 months, all have been suites, and I wouldn't have changed any of them.

Guest YesitDonna

Suites often book out so I would think you should do it asap if one is still available. Keep watching to see if the prices go down once you have booked it to see if you can get an OBC or something. I have never done a suite because I would rather do a couple of cruises for the money I would spend on a suite.

Upgrade now while cabins are available for your sailing.

There are only a minimal amount of suites (balcony cabins) on the Fantasy Class ships. There are no other balcony cabins on this ship other than the Cat 11 or Cat 12 suites.

Do not expect the rate to go down for a suite on a Fantasy Class ship. Go for it!

We have booked an Ocenview room for a cruise on the Ecstasy in October. I would really like to upgrade to a suite since we are celebrating our 10th ann. and my husband's successfull liver transplant. I called today and it would cost an additional $500 per person. Is there anytime when the rate may go down or is this the best I can expect? If so, is a suite worth an extra $1000? Any info would be appreciated.

do it now. don't wait for pice drops. DO IT!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone. I finally decided to splurge and go for the Cat 12. When I called today, I was expecting to pay $1009/pp. After talking with my PVP, I found out that since my DH is a veteran we can go for $749/pp. I am so excited. Any other suggestions to make this an extra special trip for my DH?

Archived