New Orleans port parking question

cod

It's been some time since we parked and sailed from NO. (I think it was for the Celebration in 2000...where has the time gone?!)

When I searched for parking info, Erato Street Garage was mentioned. Is that the garage that is adjacent to the termininal? The parking set-up in Mobile was great...is NO like that now?

Thank you all in advance. I usually drive and my dh is the navigator. As we're getting up there, we both need all the help we can get!

New Orleans has a brand new parking garage next to the cruise terminal. There were two lines to enter: one for cash and one for credit cards. We were there in March and it was very easy to get in and out of the parking garage.

Actually, to be a tad more specific, the parking garage is on the second or third floor (can't remember which) and on up of the new Erato Cruise Terminal. Registering for the cruise is on the bottom floors. Sure made us feel more secure about where our car was parked on our last December cruise on the Fantasy. As Rotu said, you pull up to pay before entering, then when you enter garage, you stop and drop off your luggage with the porters, and proceed on up to park. Then take elevators down to register. VERY handy and smooth flowing.

The garage next to the terminal is very safe. It is a little cheaper to park in front of the convention center, but I would not park there. Not a safe area and although they say it has security, its not 24 hours. I'm from New Orleans so I know this area. Enjoy your cruise.

Cathy

• 4 years later...

We were departing from NOLA on a cruise and one thing I am good about, is searching for the best best deals...On of them was on the cruise parking... I found this garage right accross from the port, on Convention Boulevard which has free shutlles and it was only charging $10/ day compared with $16 at the port..it made some sense to us. After parking with them I have found out from the people working there that they are affiliated with a web company www airportparkinginc com that sells port parking in quite a few cities that we use.....in south florida.

Happy sailing

Archived